The UK team are looking for a Senior Financial Controller on a interim basis covering Maternity leave for a minimum of 12 months.
The role of Senior Financial Controller is key to the success of our UK and ME operations. You will be challenged to lead the UK accountancy function (currently managing a team of 5), act as a true advisor and business partner to local leadership and be responsible for the accounts of 3 separate legal entities within the SimCorp Group.
The Senior Financial Controller plays a key role within SimCorp’s UK operations and has full accounting ownership of 3 legal entities within the group;
- SimCorp Ltd.
- SimCorp Coric Ltd.
- SimCorp Coric Inc.
We are in a period of rapid growth where the increasing complexity and size of our sales, across international borders, requires a keen eye for detail, ability to meet tight deadlines and strong relevant experience.
In return, you will enjoy the satisfaction of partnering a successful, industry leading management team in a company that values its employees and encourages development.
You will lead a team of five: one is ACCA qualified and three are at varying stages of the ACCA qualification, who are all dedicated, committed and enjoy their work.
SimCorp achieved revenues of €295.9m in 2016, a growth of 12.4%. 2017 continues to be another satisfactory year for the group. Full financial reports (including quarterly statements) can be found at; http://www.simcorp.com/en/about/investor/financial-reports
- Ownership of all accounting and reporting activities for 3 legal entities.
- HMRC Compliance. Including Form 42 (RSUs), PSA, STBV, corporation tax (including R&D), VAT returns.
- Year-end statutory accounting (IFRS)
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to group finance, including quarterly tax reporting
- Oversight of bookkeeping and reconciliation of the accounts
- Transfer pricing
- Responsibility for administration and preparation of financial statements
- Lead contact with clients on accountancy matters and liaising with third parties
- Supporting and advising senior management in achieving business objectives
- Lead the continuous improvement of the finance department
- Manage and mentor the local Finance Team (with full line-management responsibility)
- Proven accounting experience in a leadership role with a similar level of responsibility. Ideally from a consultancy/software company/professional services organization.
- Be a qualified accountant ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Team management/leadership experience valued highly
- Ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail
- Constant focus on quality and client service
- Excellent team player, ability to fit into the Finance team as well as the wider company
- Good communication skills
- University degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- Experience with accounting systems, ideally Microsoft Dynamics Navision
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp you get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a global company counting more than 52 nationalities and offices in more than 20 countries. We provide complex IT solutions to the world's leading investment management firms in a rapidly changing market. Acting in this niche brings lots of challenging and interesting opportunities. What better place to build a successful career?
More about working at SimCorp
If you would like to know more about the job, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include CV and cover letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only applications sent through our system will be processed.