SimCorp is looking to hire a lead for architecture and technology activities on portfolio level in an agile development organization following SAFe framework. You will play a vital role in facilitating and coordinating architectural work across the organization within the Architecture Guild under the direction of the SVP of Technology and Architecture.
Your main task is to execute and secure facilitation around and progress of architectural concerns on portfolio level. You work closely together with the enterprise architect to facilitate and ensure a smooth handover from portfolio to program level and the right prioritization of the backlog architectural enablers. Furthermore, your responsibility is to facilitate and coordinate the work within the Architectural Guild to ensure the best and most appropriate architecture. It is imperative that tasks are prioritized and solved via facilitation and delegation rather than trying to individually understand all details. It is furthermore imperative to challenge status quo and to find the balance between protecting the SimCorp Dimension characteristics and paving the way for new functionality by using new methodologies.
Your main responsibility is to define and elaborate our reference and intentional architecture in closest cooperation with the Architectural Guild.
- You will be responsible for defining requirements for, and implementing changes to Enterprise Architecture processes, methods and frameworks
- You will coordinate across Infrastructure, Technology, Security, Data and other architecture teams in the collaborative creation of architectures and roadmaps
- You will apply your substantial technical experience and expert-level architectural thinking to enable architectural runways and will directly contribute to strategic programs and projects
- You evangelise coding best practices e.g. algorithm construction, service patterns, development costs in the cloud etc.
- You will lead execution in and manage SimCorp's group of enterprise and security-architects
- You ensure alignment and cooperation with test architects on continuous integration and delivery
- Enterprise Applications/platforms portfolio management is communicated to all relevant stakeholders in our Product Division.
- You will maintain backlog and facilitate transparency and priorities between product management and architecture teams.
The ideal candidate possess minimum 8 years of Enterprise Architecture experience which includes:
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in architecture definition and practices, with a strong application architecture background.
- Having successfully led a team of highly professional developers and/or architects.
- Experience leading architecture definition for enterprise-level architecture artifacts.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in executive presentation and escalation management.
- Agility to work across multiple levels of the organization from developers to senior managers.
- Demonstrated success and progression as a technology professional in a large enterprise, preferably in financial industry or other highly regulated industries.
- Understanding of large analytical environments, with many stakeholders, users, different (conflicting) sets of requirements and technology stacks.
- Background in consulting roles, strong leadership by influence, adaptability to multiple styles of management and decision authority.
Why join SimCorp?
You join us, because you want to be part of a company that is taking pride in reducing complexity for our clients and continuously strive to do things better and differently. Being part of SimCorp means that you will work in a diverse, highly international environment with ambitious people, working agile, determined to reach our common goal; delivering great products to serve the needs of our customers.
As a new employee you will be enrolled in our comprehensive introduction program and attend the 'SimCorp Academy', an introduction to SimCorp Dimension. As we try to make you feel at your best during working hours, you will join your colleagues in our exceptional canteen offers, various professional events and every now and then, we attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything FinTech related. It is all about getting challenged, innovative and inspired.
At SimCorp you get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a global company counting more than 52 nationalities and offices in more than 20 countries. We provide complex IT solutions to the world's leading investment management firms in a rapidly changing market. Acting in this niche brings lots of challenging and interesting opportunities. What better place to build a successful career?
More about working at SimCorp
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact SVP of Technology and Architecture, Mogens H. Pedersen at +45 3544 8800. Please include CV and motivational letter. Deadline is January 31, 2018. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.