The New Business Development representative reports to the Head of Marketing and works closely with the sales, pre-sales and marketing teams.
The primary responsibility is to perform discovery on target prospects in order to identify new business opportunities for the sales team. This person will be responsible for qualifying new prospects and interacting with existing customers, primarily by phone, social media and email.
We are looking for a team player with high-energy who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. Success of the role will be measured by prospect pipeline development in support of new business.
To discover and qualify opportunities for sales team to pursue in target accounts, the The New Business Development:
- Performs account discovery based on ideal prospect profile criteria and documents the resulting account intelligence in prescribed sales tools.
- Manages target recruitment for SimCorp marketing events and other campaigns to nurture prospect and client interest.
- Screens, qualifies and nurtures inbound marketing leads using SimCorp's sales best practices.
- Effectively initiates communication via the phone, email and interact with relevant stakeholders.
- Provides product and solution information to prospective and current customers, keeps up-to-date on knowledge of the industry, as well as competitive posture of company.
- Build relationships through prospecting and marketing lead follow up.
You contribute to the team work by:
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing staffs to ensure that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Providing feedback on marketing campaigns based on information gathered, to help shape campaign.
- Supporting sales with appointment setting.
- Entering leads, contacts and maintaining account information in Salesforce.com in a timely fashion.
And to perform at a high level, the ideal candidate is also expected to:
- Learn and effectively utilizes SimCorp selling concepts and techniques.
- Develop and maintain solid knowledge of SimCorp, our product offerings, and solution features/benefits.
We are looking for a born 'salesman' with excellent oral and written communication skills and techniques. This person should be able to identify target stakeholders using online channels. Moreover:
- Have successful relevant work experience (3-5 years) in a similar position either at a capital markets firm or at a software solutions provider servicing the buy-side market.
- Understand capital markets, investment operations and portfolio management systems via studies or a first professional experience. A knowledge of SimCorp products and services is a distinct advantage.
- Able to make high volume of phone calls and sell ideas and concepts that leads to prospect/client engagements.
- Knowledge of phone, email and conversation techniques needed to identify the person in a company responsible for a specific initiative or business unit.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent business writing, communication, and telephone skills
- Must be a team player and goal-oriented individual
- Excellent research skills using online channels such as corporate websites and LinkedIn to identify target stakeholders in prospect and client accounts.
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must exhibit ability to effectively interface with all types of people
- Experience maintaining client/prospect data in CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume team environment
- Ability to effectively manage high-volume workload so as to meet or exceed individual and team goals and objectives
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum
Why join SimCorp?
SimCorp sells, develops, implements and maintains SimCorp Dimension, a software product for the asset management industry. As a global company with more than 150 clients all over the world, SimCorp is continuously expanding its market-leading position, with a product that helps customers successfully manage the complexities of the constantly changing investment universe and business processes.
SimCorp's client base includes many of the global tier 1 buy-side asset managers, as well as a number of smaller boutique houses. Their businesses arrange from institutional and retail funds to sovereign funds, pension funds, insurance companies and third party service providers.
SimCorp Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of SimCorp, responsible for sales, implementation and support of SimCorp Dimension within the UK, Ireland and the Middle East markets. During the past two years, SimCorp Ltd has experienced extremely strong growth in market share, revenues and profits, thus creating many excellent opportunities and rewards for its employees.
SimCorp Ltd employs approximately 120 people and their offices are based in the City of London just a short walk away from Bank station.
Founded in 1971 and headquartered in Denmark, SimCorp has subsidiaries throughout the Nordic region and Europe as well as in Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, Canada and the USA. SimCorp has approximately 1550 employees and is listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.What better place to build a successful career?
More about working at SimCorp
Please apply online with you CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. If you would like to know more about the position, please contact our Inhouse Recruiter Michael Paterson at Michael.Paterson@simcorp.com.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.