If so, becoming a Product Owner for the SimCorp Dimension 'Accounting Book of Record' (ABOR) would be an exciting opportunity for you.
In our Product Division we have seven Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and each of them consists of several agile teams. Each team has a Product Owner. The role serves as the customer proxy and is responsible for working closely with Product Management and with other peers within the ART and across ARTs. The Product Owner is responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the agile team backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of the features the team is responsible for.
Our Accounting Book of Records solution is a core area of SimCorp Dimension, and we are currently expanding our development capacity in this area. Especially request from new US and Italian clients, Legal Requirements and support for Alternative instrument implementation drives us forward the coming years.
Our projects are developed in cooperation with our clients to secure a high client satisfaction when the solutions are launched.
Your tasks will include:
- Contribute to the Program Backlog and prepare PI events in cooperation with the Product Managers.
- Own (build, refine, maintain, and re-prioritize) the team backlog.
- Aligning and defining the ABOR product strategy as part of the ABOR product management team.
- Own and drive user story definitions, provide clarifications for estimation, and story sequencing.
- Own the development of story "Acceptance Criteria" and ensure that the appropriate persistent acceptance tests are included.
- Be an expert and the "go-to" person on the functionality you are responsible for.
- Give solicit input on how to improve the functionality both internally and externally.
- Run client workshops to gather client input on ongoing development.
- Present and create buy-in for functionality both internally and externally.
- Own the functional dialogue with clients.
As the ideal candidate you have:
- Deep knowledge within ABOR, ideally from the investment management industry.
- Experience with SimCorp Dimension will be an advantage – but not mandatory.
- The authority to take "on the fly" business decisions on user story level.
- Ability and experience with engaging proactively with clients and internal stakeholders to solicit input for user stories.
- Analytical capabilities.
- Must be proficient in stakeholder management.
- Ideally a background as a business analyst or an implementation consultant.
- Ability to supplement 1-2 teams in parallel as Product Owner as well as being out in the market to "listen in" and resolve queries.
- A positive spirit but with authority to "control" an uncontrolled inflow of backlog items.
- The ability to see the big picture and can convey it to team members.
- Appreciation of team accomplishments over personal accomplishments.
- The goal to make a positive impact for day-to-day users of SimCorp Dimension.
- Experience with SAFe/agile practices will be an advantage.
- A master's degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar.
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
More about working at SimCorp
If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Development Manager Flemming Sindberg at +45 35 44 89 60. Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.