Group IT totals 60 employees and is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining SimCorp's internal systems environment and applications. As an Azure Specialist, you will play a key role in SimCorp's strategic move towards cloud, in close co-operation with SimCorp's developers and testers.
You and the rest of the team will aim at providing first-class services to your colleagues in SimCorp. Around 500 of our colleagues are in SimCorp's HQ in Denmark, with another 900 working at one of SimCorp's subsidiaries across Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific.
The Azure Specialist position is placed in our Infrastructure Services Department, which is responsible for designing, installing, optimizing, and maintaining the SimCorp IT Infrastructure.
Key responsibilities will comprise the following main tasks:
- Take part in the analysis of all current IT-supported business services and design each service's intelligent transformation to cloud
- Building the cloud components needed to fully transition all SimCorp IT services to the cloud
- Administering and continually optimizing the cloud platform, when implemented
- Create and maintain reporting, allowing users to consume cloud resources in a sound way
- Continually increase automation, providing users easy-to-use 24/7 self service solutions
We imagine that you:
- are service-minded
- are structured and systematic
- are focused on delivering the right quality
- can dig deep to solve a conundrum when needed
- like to work in a team of experienced techies, and prefers knowledge to be shared
- are a self-starter
- are flexible, loyal, and value integrity
- have a good sense of humor
The optimal candidate:
- should have experience with administration of Azure and Microsoft Cloud infrastructure Services that span storage, security, networking, and compute cloud capabilities
- understands cloud services across the full IT lifecycle, and can handle requests for infrastructure services, applications, and environments
- can make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as being able to provision, size, monitor, and adjust those resources as appropriate
- has proficiency in using PowerShell and Azure CLI
- has a basic familiarity or knowledge of Azure Portal, ARM templates, operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking
- should be able to who advise stakeholders and translates business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions
- would benefit from advanced experience and knowledge across various aspects of IT operations and site reliability engineering (SRE), including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data management, budgeting, and governance
- is fluent in written and spoken English
SimCorp offers an interesting and challenging position in an international, dynamic, and professional organization. You will be working in an organization that offers flexibility in planning your daily work.
Our Infrastructure department is becoming increasingly focused on automation. Expect to be part of a team, in which coding- and scripting skills are on the rise, and you will be expected to help the team increase their automation skills gradually.
In Group IT you and your colleagues will constantly be developing new skills to keep up with new technical opportunities, presently specifically within the fields of automation, robotics and cloud services. We focus on employing and retaining the right employees. Personal and professional development is an important aspect of this.
We have a multitude of social activities and an informal way of communicating, taking charge of our tasks with dedication, team-spirit, and humor.
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
More about working at SimCorp
If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Senior Manager, Group IT Infrastructure Services, Jacob Mygind, telephone +45 3544 8800. Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.