SimCorp develops, sells and delivers integrated software solutions to the financial sector. Our product, SimCorp Dimension, is one of the leading investment management systems in the world and is used by global financial institutions and fund managers.
We are looking for an experienced Oracle Database Consultant to join our highly specialized operations team, in supporting the technical demands of our clients. We are servicing some of the largest organizations in the financial sector in operation of their SimCorp Dimension® installation. Our main priority is to service our customers' day-to-day operations and deliver first-class services utilizing SimCorp's operational framework based upon ITIL best practices.
You will be part of our global operational support team that engages daily with our clients in handling the operation of SimCorp Dimension® interfaces and environments, e.g. service platform, file systems, operating systems, and Oracle database.
Besides the Operation, you will be involved in exciting and future-oriented projects from transitioning new clients to enabling new automated tools. Our working environment and teamwork are important for us – we have an informal way of communicating, while we still take care of our tasks with dedication, team spirit, and humor. Development of your technical and professional skills are also a prioritized part of our focus.
You will join our EU Operations team in Copenhagen located at our Head Office, that currently house approximately 450 highly dedicated and engaged colleagues in a diverse and international environment.
Together with our global Operation team, you will have a great opportunity to influence and impact our further journey towards delivering excellent customer-centric support globally.
- Daily operations, troubleshooting and problem solving primarily for Oracle related incidents
- Work on the underlying issues causing the incidents & contribute to problem resolution
- Oracle SQL Performance tuning
- Contribute to a controlled change management process
- Use ITIL based processes to achieve deliverables that meet quality expectations of clients
- Perform proactive maintenance and capacity management
- Designing database setup including Backup and Data Guard (HA and DR)
- Perform proper handover/knowledge transfer within the Global Operations team
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with the following experience and competencies:
- Have vast experience with Oracle operation, OEM, Oracle SQL and performance tuning
- Experience and knowledge within Backup, Disaster Recovery, HA setup etc.
- Operational experience with mission-critical software, preferable SimCorp Dimension®
- Familiarity in working with large hosting providers and global clients
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with customers, vendors, and colleagues
- Comfortable and resilient working in a dynamic environment that can be stressful from time to time
- ITIL experience / certification
We treasure Technology
As a technology professional in SimCorp's Product Division, you'll be developing advanced software to solve and master the realities of the investment industry. Through our solutions, our customers manage investments equal to 20 trillion dollars - or a quarter of the world's GDP. Founded in 1971, we're headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is Scandinavian. Here, you'll have 1500 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support and encouragement to develop your career.
For additional information about the position, please contact Birger Erichsen+45 35 44 88 00. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV and motivational letter in English as soon as possible and no later than May 30th, 2019.