The Inside Sales representative reports to the Head of Marketing and works closely with the sales, pre-sales and marketing teams. The Inside representative's primary responsibility is to perform discovery on target prospects and clients in order to identify new business opportunities for the sales team.
The Inside Sales representative is responsible for qualifying new prospects and interacting with existing customers, primarily by phone and email. We are looking for a team player with high-energy and who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
Success of the role will be measured by prospect pipeline development and customer experience management in support of new business acquisition.
- Discover and qualify opportunities for sales team to pursue in target accounts
- Perform account discovery based on ideal prospect profile criteria, document the resulting account intelligence in prescribed sales tools.
- Manages target recruitment for SimCorp marketing events and other campaigns to nurture prospect and client interest.
- Screen, qualify and nurture inbound marketing leads using SimCorp's sales best practices
- Effectively initiates communication via the phone, email and interact with relevant stakeholders.
- Learns and effectively utilizes SimCorp selling concepts and techniques.
- Develop and maintain solid knowledge of SimCorp, our product offerings, and solution features/benefits
- Provides product and solution information to prospective and current customers, keeps up-to-date on knowledge of the industry, as well as competitive posture of company.
- Build relationships through prospecting and marketing lead follow up
- Enter leads, contacts and maintain account information in Salesforce in a timely fashion
- Support sales with appointment setting
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing staff to ensure that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Provides feedback on marketing campaigns based on information gathered from clients and prospects, to help shape lead generation campaigns.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar position either at a capital markets firm or at a software solutions provider servicing the buy-side market
- Knowledge of phone, email and chat techniques needed to identify the person in a company responsible for a specific initiative or business unit
- Knowledge of SimCorp products and services is a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of capital markets, investment operations and portfolio management systems
- Ability to make a high volume of phone calls
- Ability to "sell ideas and concepts" over the phone and email that leads to prospect/client engagement.
- Excellent research skills using online channels such as corporate websites and LinkedIn to identify target stakeholders in prospect and client accounts.
- Must be a team player and goal-oriented individual
- Excellent business writing, communication, and telephone skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must exhibit ability to effectively interface with all types of people
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience maintaining client/prospect data in CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume team environment
- Ability to effectively manage high-volume workload so as to meet or exceed individual and team goals and objectives
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum with a Finance, Business or MIS major
Why join SimCorp?
SimCorp sells, develops, implements and maintains SimCorp Dimension, a comprehensive software solution for the asset management industry. As a global company with more than 180 clients all over the world, SimCorp is continuously expanding its market-leading position, with a product that helps customers successfully manage the complexities of the constantly changing investment universe and business processes. SimCorp has experienced extremely strong growth in market share, revenues and profits, thus creating many excellent opportunities and rewards for its employees
SimCorp's client base includes many of the global tier 1 buy-side asset managers, as well as a number of smaller boutique houses. Their businesses arrange from institutional and retail funds to sovereign funds, pension funds, insurance companies and third party service providers.
This role offers a unique opportunity to get a broad knowledge of both technology innovation and the buy-side financial market including all asset classes. You would gain an understanding of the wider market participants as well as having the opportunity to interact with a wide variety of functions and roles ranging from trading, risk management, funding, operations, IT, compliance and accounting. The role can also be a spring board into a complex solution sales career.
Founded in 1971 and headquartered in Denmark, SimCorp has subsidiaries throughout Europe as well as in Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, Canada and the USA. SimCorp has approximately 1.600 employees and is listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.
What better place to build a successful career?
More about working at SimCorp please see www.Simcorp.com
Please apply online with you CV, motivational letter and written references. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Michael Paterson at Michael.Paterson@simcorp.com.