Accountants are finance professionals who form part of the Global Finance team, working as part of the finance and/or accounting function. The Accountant has a basic understanding of accounting practices and their work ensures the smooth operation of the department. The work of an Accountant can vary from business unit to business unit depending on the composition of the department. Regardless of specific duties assigned, the Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of transactions which are the basis of our internal and external reporting activities. An Accountant will be assigned some of the more basic accounting activities in the department.
- Accountant will be assigned a specific portion of the month end closing duties
- Other duties assigned to an Accountant may include
- Preparation of journal entries
- To reconcile balance sheet accounts
- To record all compensation payments, accruals and adjustments.
- To assist as needed with local tax filings (sales tax, VAT, etc.)
- To assist with the creation of vendor payments after validation of correct approvals.
- To maintain fixed asset subledgers
- To approve travel and expense claims and ensure company policies are being followed.
- To maintain internal cash reporting
- To create customer invoices and send them to customers with the appropriate support required by the customer
- To record cash receipts from customers and apply them in the accounting system.
- Interact with members of local and remote teams to facilitate accurate and timely transactions and reports
- Communicate effectively with employees at various levels throughout the organization
- Other tasks and responsibilities from time to time as deemed necessary
- B.S. or B.A. in accounting
- 2-5+ years of experience
- Strong skills in Excel OR GL software.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to international affiliates desirable.
- Working knowledge of accruals, prepaids, deferrals, A/P, and A/R.
- Familiarity with IFRS a plus, but not required.
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
More about working at SimCorp
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. Include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.