As IT Service Specialist in Singapore, you are the SimCorp employees first meeting with our IT department and our services. You play a key role in keeping the global support running and delivering excellent IT support to your SimCorp colleagues.
The Service Desk team is a 24/7 point-of-entry for all Incidents and User requests through tickets, phone or onsite support, in a follow-the-sun setup. As a member of the Global Service Desk team, you will be participating in both user service and support, but also in local project work on both infrastructure and business applications. The position therefore requires a person that thrives in delivering excellent support to our users. You can provide IT support to the individual user, and at the same time you are able to keep the overview of the offices and participate as a coordinator for projects across offices and departments.
In Group IT we are 58 employees, 15 of whom work in Global IT Service Desk, placed in 9 SimCorp offices around the world. Group IT is responsible for delivering, installing, maintaining and supporting SimCorps internal IT infrastructure, platforms and business applications. IT Service Desk delivers quality and fast IT Service and Support to all SimCorp employees and offices for all services delivered by Group IT.
You will be part of a truly global team, with you as the only IT staff in Singapore, covering All APAC, and your manager is placed in Copenhagen. You will be responsible for the local support of Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo offices, As part of the APAC support team, in cooperation with your colleague in Sydney.
The Service Desk Team is highly professional and skilled in supporting our colleagues in SimCorp. It is an important part of our daily work, that we keep a close communication, sharing information and knowledge. This is to be able to give the user the optimal support on both infrastructure and business applications. The position therefore requires a person with strong cooperation and communication skills.
- · Handle onsite IT support in APAC including remote users
- · Participate in dispatch, phone and incident support for all SimCorp employees globally
- · Solve tickets (incidents and service requests) in own queues and supporting team by helping with other queues.
- · Keep overview of local issues and re-occurring issues in cooperation you Manager and Incident manager
- · Function as the extended hand for the Infrastructure department in managing local office infrastructure
- · Deliver support to internal business applications and environments in cooperation with Application department
- · Delivery support to SimCorp Dimension environments for APAC
- · IT Equipment maintenance, such as printers, course and Video conference rooms.
- · Purchase of IT equipment for local office - Be the primary contact for local IT equipment suppliers in cooperation with manager and Group Procurement. Incl. local vendor management
- · IT training of new employees
- · Setting up and preparing workplaces and work-devices
- · Project coordination of local IT projects
- · User-administration and IT Hardware asset management
- · Ensure the IT policies are adhered to in the units
- · Communicating new services and features to users in own office
- · At least 5 years of experience from a similar position, in an international IT support function.
- · Experience with 1st and 2nd line support on both infrastructure and business applications
- · Experience with IT support across cultures and time-zones.
- · Have a broad knowledge of Microsoft platforms and general corporate systems and platforms, Citrix, VM-ware, Azure, SharePoint, Salesforce etc.
- · Can provide onsite 1st line support on user hardware
- · ITIL certification is an advantage
- · Willing to travel on a regular non-scheduled basis. Some work in weekends is expected as well.
- · Very Service-minded and have a positive mindset
- · Have a high Sense of Urgency and focus in priority of tasks
- · Able to keep focus on several things simultaneously and keep a cool head
- · Excellent communication and listening skills – quick to understand the issue at hand
- · Social and contributing to a good team spirit
- · Humble with good sense of humor
Interested? Please send your updated CV in PDF format to Malcolm.Rozario@simcorp.com