SimCorp develops, sells, and delivers integrated software solutions to the financial sector. Our product, SimCorp Dimension, is one of the leading investment managements systems and used by some of the biggest financial institutions in the world. Our motto is: "One system for a complex world," which to a large extent is made possible by the single Oracle database SimCorp Dimension is based on.
We need your help in preparing and stepping out on our journey in to the cloud with a large database and for revitalising the way we interface to Oracle.
As a senior SW developer with solid experience in coding up against large databases your skills will be highly needed to take a hard and thorough look at how we interface to Oracle. The current database interface of SimCorp Dimension is more than 15 years old and was conceived long before pluggable databases and other cloud technologies were invented. Moreover, as the client landscape has evolved over these years and the data volumes have increased dramatically. Finally, the IT technology landscape has evolved as well and assumptions the current database interface is based on are no longer the same. We need your help in understanding how to improve and revitalise the database interface framework and subsequently in doing it, of course.
We work in an agile development model (SAFe) and you will be working in a team with highly experienced and skilled colleagues in an international and open environment where your proven skills will be greatly appreciated and respected. Technology unit is responsible for system management and operating services as well as spearheading the SimCorp Dimension journey in to the cloud. You will be working in our corporate headquarter in Copenhagen.
To succeed in this job, we expect you have technical qualifications such as:
- Solid and proven experience with object-oriented design and development, e.g. C# or .NET Core
- Solid and proven experience with coding up against large databases, preferably Oracle
- Profound and experience-based knowledge of performance bottlenecks
- Experience with data storage on a larger scale in a cloud infrastructure
- Computer science background or similar
It would be an advantage if you also have:
- Experience with C++ and/or APL
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with building and running large enterprise systems, e.g. SimCorp Dimension
- Experience with working in an agile setting, e.g. a scrum team We believe in empowerment and trust, why it is imperative you are a dedicated team player who is open and constructive, but also able to stand your ground when the facts are with you. You are curious and eager to try out new technologies while having the result orientation and quality focus to see them through to operations
Why join SimCorp?
You join us, because you want to be part of a company that is taking pride in reducing complexity for our clients and continuously strive to do things better and differently. Being part of SimCorp means that you will work in a diverse, highly international environment with ambitious people, determined to reach our common goal; delivering great products to serve the needs of our customers.
We try to make you feel at your best during working hours. You will join your colleagues in our exceptional canteen offers, various professional events and every now and then, we attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything FinTech related. It is all about getting challenged, innovative and inspired.
More about working at SimCorp.
If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Recruitment Partner Mette Kvist on telephone +45 3544 8800. Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.