SimCorp provides IT solutions to the world's leading investment management firms. Its front-to-back solution, SimCorp Dimension, is a market leading system and used by more than 180 buy-side institutions to manage their assets. SimCorp Asia is responsible for customers across Australasia. We implement SimCorp Dimension and extend its use at our renowned customer base in the investment management industry.
You will be responsible for delivering standard IBOR processes and solutions components, which will be used by our clients on a global basis. In principal you will take the lead in;
- · Contributing to the design of standard solutions in collaboration with seasoned IBOR professionals ensuring solution resilience through high quality of the delivered solutions.
- · Engaged in the sales process of the IBOR standard platform to successfully position our offering.
- · Ensuring all the necessary collateral is in place required for a TELL style implementation approach and carry this into our organization.
- · Involved in implementation projects to further develop our standard solutions and to secure our offering remains up to date.
- · Taking on the role of a trusted advisor to implementation teams and clients particularly during the scope clarification and design phases.
- · Aligning with Global Product Management, Consulting, Pre-Sales, Marketing and Regulatory Centre of Excellence on our standard solution and service components.
You will be expected to take an active role in the IBOR service line to improve implementation expertise and know-how of IBOR consultants within our market unit and beyond. As a Senior Manager – IBOR & AI you will become the market units lead product expert in the IBOR service line and play the key role in achieving customer satisfaction and driving our client’s projects to success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Product and solution Knowledge:
- · Maintain expert knowledge of SimCorp's product and service portfolio in IBOR space,
- · Coach others globally in specialized knowledge of SimCorp's product and service portfolio, capabilities and other offerings as they relate to the industry,
- · Align with Product Management to actively participate in the roadmap definition by specifying enhancements in line with the prospects' requests and global industry trends,
- · Share expertise in overall functionalities of the solution,
- · Develop knowledge outside of current area of expertise,
- · Participate in all aspects of SimCorp Dimension implementations, including design, configuration, integration, and test,
- · Conduct workshops to explore client requirements, working with clients and internal teams to help capture, define, and agree on system functional requirements,
- · Consult with clients on best practices for the work stream and configure SimCorp Dimension in line with best practices established through previous implementations,
- · Perform configuration hand-over to the client,
- · Document the solution implemented at the client and contribute to improving and documenting best practices for implementations in SimCorp,
- · Constantly willing to expand your knowledge of SimCorp Dimension and the clients’ businesses in order to ensure that clients get the optimal configuration and workflow.
- · Translate commercial insights, industry practices and anecdotes into tailored messages to prospect audiences
- · Continuously identify Front Office market trends, and competitive intelligence in the IBOR space.
- · Challenge the status quo and "the way we do things" when they are no longer appropriate.
- · ensure that SimCorp clients achieve the full business value from implementing our investment solutions.
- · continuously improve our solutions and practices based on market changes and on feedback from implementation projects.
- · Overseeing and performing quality assurance on IBOR solution designs and configuration in major implementation projects.
You will be involved in solving complex problems, from a system-oriented point of view, and you should expect some travel activities in this region as we operate as an APAC organization.
Has extensive understanding of own functional area and understands interdependencies with other functional areas
- · Deep understanding of the common operating models applied by asset managers/asset owners/asset servicers globally
- · Several years of experience designing and implementing SimCorp Dimension IBOR solutions as a lead consultant covering at least 5 of the following processes:· been exposed to processing different sets of asset classes.
- o trade processing (incl. settlement),
- o corporate action processing (significant experience in Corporate Action Manager, the Corporate Action Data Manager, and Corporate Actions in general),
- o valuation,
- o Broad asset classes coverage (listed, derivatives, credits/mortgages, illiquid)
- o collateral management,
- o reconciliation,
- o cash management,
- o Billing and fee processing and.
- o Data management
- · been involved in several SimCorp Dimension implementations from the initial stages of the project.
- · can drive discussions with clients and challenge clients if required.
- · enjoy collaborating with various internal stakeholders.
- · are result driven, creative, and analytical with a global perspective.
- · have excellent communication skills and proficiency in English.
- · are persistently appreciative and client-oriented with a resilient can-do mindset and an above-average energy level.
RFP Response / Proposals
Has worked on RFP responses, Estimated PS effort/profitability, presented proposals to client on implementation life cycle and PS offerings, Created WBS and discussed with the client etc.
Leader of professionals, responsible for operational performance, impacting strategic direction and development of procedures and practices within functional area
Solves highly complex challenges
Provides input and guidance to Unit management team
Generic leadership duties and responsibilities all levels:
- · Ensure that their employees have a solid understanding of performance requirements
- · Ensure optimal planning and allocation of resources
- · Provide mentoring and direction to employees and ensure to provide feedback frequently
- · Together with their employees plan and monitor their development
- · Ensure engagement and well-being of their employees
- · Ensure that SimCorp values are incorporated in the department by being a role model of values
- · Maintain transparent communication and keep employees informed about corporate and department activities and initiatives appropriately
- · Responsible for recruitment, onboarding and offboarding of employees in co-operation with HR and leader
- · Provide input for organizational structure, job requirements and headcount for your area of responsibility
- · Plan and monitor performance to ensure fulfilment of tasks and objectives at required performance level
- · Monitor and improve work procedures and processes to increase efficiency and quality
- · Ensure that all activities support SimCorp overall strategy and our current and future clients
- · Be responsible for and monitor the financial performance within their responsibility
- · Communicate accurately and timely around performance levels to management and other relevant parties
- · Perform other activities and duties as assigned
- · Provide input for the strategic direction of their area of responsibility supporting the SimCorp strategy
- · Together with their management team take an active role in supporting the overall strategic direction
- · Ensure engagement with relevant parts of the organization to ensure they have the required input to plan work, manage performance and set strategic direction
SimCorp offers an interesting and challenging position in an international, dynamic, and professional organization. The atmosphere is open and informal, and you will find great development possibilities, personally as well as professionally. We have a multitude of social activities and an informal way of communicating, taking charge of our tasks with dedication, team spirit, and humour.
Please send your CV in PDF format as soon as possible to Malcolm Rozario Malcolm.Rozario@simcorp.com