The value proposition of an IBOR is to provide investment decisions based on accurate consolidated positions and valuations. IBOR ART consists of aligned and empowered teams with motivated individuals.
The Product Owner (PO) has ownership of specific business areas and provides input into the overall ART backlog. For the specific business area, the PO will need to:
- Understand user needs through interaction with client end users
- Support pre-sales, implementation and customer services as an SME in your domain
- Understand the commercial position of the business and the entire delivery value chain
- Proactively secure alignment of functional dependencies and priorities with POs and PMs inside and outside of the ART
- Be an expert and the "go-to" person on the functionality/areas you are responsible for
- Own the functional dialogue with clients
As a contributor to the product management function within the ART, the PO will need to:
- Drive process improvements across Product Management team
- Contribute to the Program Backlog and prepare PI events in cooperation with the Product Managers
In addition, the PO works with development team(s) and will be required to
- Ensure reliable and continuous release of value-adding solutions
- Assist the team in backlog preparation including assisting in building, refining, and maintaining the team backlog including defects and enablers
- Keep process of user story creation, refinement going and time adequate (just in time story elaboration)
- Facilitate user story "Acceptance Criteria" and ensure that the appropriate persistent acceptance tests are included
- Facilitate team demo and involve relevant stakeholders – both internally and externally
- Motivate the team and seek feedback
- Share the organization's vision, answer the team's questions and listen to suggestions about adding, deleting, changing, or improving the user's goal
- Apply Agile principles to your work, encourage teams to follow them, leading Agility by example
- Actively participate in changing the culture in teams and across organisation
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- A degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- A strong knowledge in one of the following areas or high interest in acquiring it:
- Futures and Options
- Cash Management
- Repo & Securities Finance
- Post Trade: Confirmation, Affirmation, Matching, Netting
- A willingness to contribute to business area within IBOR other than those mentioned above
- The authority to take "on the fly" business decisions on user story level
- Ability and experience with engaging proactively with clients and internal stakeholders to solicit input for user storiesAnalytical capabilities
- Understanding of 3-Tier architecture concept and applying it when driving backlog execution
- Great facilitator and listener skills
- Ability to multitask – ability to work as Product Owner with one development team as well as being out in the market to "listen in" and resolve queries
- A positive spirit but with authority to "control" an uncontrolled inflow of backlog items
- The ability to see the big picture and can convey it to team members
- Appreciation of team accomplishments over personal accomplishments
- The goal to make a positive impact for day-to-day users of SimCorp Dimension
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
More about working at SimCorp
If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Development Manager Vadym Volkovynskyi, telephone +45 35448800 . Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.