As Software Developer you are generating the heart of our business. Based on Microsoft Technologies, working within agile teams, you are developing innovative new solutions for our Finance Software. Becoming a technical expert will be your inspiration, as you will also own the solutions you produce. The quality and sustainability as well as your ownership of your code is of utmost importance for our business success.
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Reports to team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Liaise with customers’ network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior software developers.
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform upgrades to libraries used in the software product.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering and/or 3-7 years equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) preferred.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) designation preferred.
- Proven experience with both Windows client/server software development and ASP.NET web development.
- Proven experience in three-tier client/server design and development.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including Microsoft Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server.
- Hands on experience working with database development tools, including SQL Developer, TOAD, MS SQL Management Studio.
- Experience with Windows client and server operating systems.
- Extensive experience with Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server database systems.
- Experience with software interaction with databases through ORMs (Entity Framework) and/or ADO.NET
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies, esp. SCRUM.
- Familiarity with the Financial Technology industry preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues, effectively diagnose and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Highly logical and technically proficient.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Creativity in the case of Web or interface design.
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
More about working at SimCorp
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.