The ABOR (Accounting Book of Records) Support Line is one of several support lines within the Global Support unit of SimCorp. Together with the other support lines it provides continuous support to all SimCorp's clients which are spread out across the globe. The team is responsible for delivering business and code solutions to problems within the ABOR area (accounting and fund accounting).
As an ABOR developer you are part of a global team comprised of +10 members spread across the world. From a business perspective you will report on daily basis to the corresponding Support Line Lead. You will be responsible to individually find, assist, cooperate or even lead your team members to find solid solutions for varying challenges, mainly but by no means restricted to the ABOR area (accounting and fund accounting). As a developer you sit amongst or close to business consultants who are in day-to-day contact with our clients to resolve problems and answer questions. As such you play a pivotal role as a link between our clients in the market and colleague developers in SimCorp's developer units.
As a GS developer you also have the unique opportunity becoming part of a select group of experts who are trusted to bring complex and challenging data adjustments directly to the clients' database. Within this group of experts you will be asked to share knowledge and use the collected expertise to build a strong knowledge hub. At the same time this team will continuously strive to increase the quality levels of these data adjustment deliveries. Some of these data adjustment exercises may benefit from your onsite presence and give you the unique option to interact directly with people using SimCorp Dimension and benefit from your solutions.
- Working closely with business consultants and other developers to analyse and solve customers' issues
- Co-operating with customers to understand their use of the system and translate this into code solutions
- Debugging code and creating business or technical solutions
- Creating code specifications for the solutions
- Being a key interface to SimCorp Product Division
- Create and deliver data adjustments in client's installations
- Ideally 3-5 years of practical programming experience;
- Ideally you already have knowledge of the SimCorp Dimension accounting functionality or come with a relevant education or background in accounting and/or fund accounting;
- A strong sense of quality, ability to work to deadlines, attention to detail, and taking ownership of delivering a sound solution
- Ability to manage multiple interests simultaneously and independently: safeguard scopes, state requirements, control and ensure planning, and finally execute on those successfully
- Highly developed collaboration skills, valuing team goals over personal achievements
- Curiosity, ability and willingness to gain and apply a broad knowledge in different areas and constantly learn new things, such as specific business domain knowledge
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Patient, self-organised, proactive
Why join SimCorp?
The Global Support team in Brussels consists of a balanced team which combines youth and experience to support SimCorp's clients across the world. The location has the unique advantage of sitting close to and amidst several customers in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg. Additionally it offers easy access to clients in France, Spain and Italy, UK and Germany and thereby offers the chance to see different countries and indulge in their cultures on an irregular basis.
This job opportunity offers you the possibility to get up close with those different clients, collaborate with enthusiastic and highly-skilled colleagues on challenging problems which will require you to use and extend all your skills and allow you to grow professionally. It offers an occasion for you to gain a broad knowledge of the use of SimCorp Dimension and our customers' business, while still strengthening your experience and developer skills.
. Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only applications sent through our system will be processed. If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Kevin Lampo, (Senior Manager), telephone +32 2505 6155 no later then 15 December 2019