The Market Unit Head of Operational Services (HoS) is responsible for the part of SimCorp Professional Services focused on helping clients running their daily Dimension specific operations. The HoS works actively with CX team to develop service delivery and growing SimCorp OS with existing. The key priority is to secure client adoption of SimCorp technology and service offerings and grow our business with clients positioning and delivering Managed Services including our hosting and cloud offerings as defined by SCDaaS within the Market Unit.
The HoS works closely with the CX team and with the Global Operational Services organization in securing qualification of opportunities, scoping of solutions and a high quality of service deliveries to customers. The HoS reports directly to the MD and is part of the Market Unit Senior Management Team (SMT), and has a dotted reporting line to the Global Head of Operational Services. The HoS must have a continuous focus on delivery excellence and on optimizing customer value by focusing on good service practices, optimization of customer usage of Dimension and increasing a positive customer perception of SimCorp offerings and of working with SimCorp.
Driving as a team effort Market Unit Operational Services SCDaaS and Operational Services across the organization
- Accountable for MU Operational Services and SCDaaS revenue and EBIT targets
- Drive the local target setting process for the Operational Services organization in close cooperation with the CX team and other relevant internal stakeholders locally and globally.
- Follow up on and work with the CX team on what are the relevant improvement activities to reach the defined metrics for adoption and Customer Success
- Drive local Operational Services as a team effort between the Operational Services and SCDaaS team members, the CX team members, the Global Operational Services organization and team members of other parts of the organization like PS Consulting, Global Support, Presales and PD.
- Partner with the local CX team in opportunity qualification.
- Partner with the other MU HoS leads and engage actively in knowledge sharing in the global HoS network
Go to Market and Opportunity Development
- Together with the CX team drive the strategic dialogue with the customers based on business and operational value and technical and leading service management expertise
- Support the CX team in driving and qualifying local Pipeline and secure technical/project management expertise in deal closing often in close collaboration with Global experts from the relevant Global Delivery Centers or global Opportunity Managers
- Collaborate closely with the CX team in defining how to manage daily operational service execution with the clients to l of Adoption
- Work with Opportunity Management on key Operational Services and Managed Services opportunities in accordance with the Operating Model for CX
- Responsible for deal scoping and service and solution design
- Ensure commercial modelling in accordance with bid process and deal review recommendations
- Secure a compliant and high quality bid management process for all relevant deals
- Position the value of our Adoption offerings in cooperation with the CX team and drive clients and the MU OS operating model towards Managed Services
- Actively participate to the pre-sale of the Operational services for new and existing clients opportunities
- Advise SimCorp new and existing clients in their services delivery strategy : Cloud, Managed Services, Business Services
- Education Services : Build, develop and manage delivery of Education Services : e-learning, customized and standard trainings.
Market Unit Operational Services Delivery
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives with a client adoption focus and ensure service quality improvements for clients and optimization of effort and cost of service over time
- Work closely with the Global Delivery Centres in capacity and delivery planning
- First local MU escalation point in the governance structure including support issues
- Secure timely quality planning and reporting locally and globally
- Lead, design and develop the local Operational Services organization and drive continuous training/learning in the team. Ensure highest possible market relevant certification level in the team
- Ensure focus on Service Delivery Management, Delivery Excellence/SimCorp good service practices and high quality delivery standards to optimize client outcome by working both with the local and the global organization including the global SCDaaS team
- Ensure that local/global skills and capacity are balanced with existing and future customer requirements in the local MU in close collaboration with the local CX and global Operational Services teams
- Secure high quality in all deliverables be it local discretionary field services or multiyear Managed Services deliveries
- Drive a focused services strategy that fosters customer adoption
People development and management
- Coach and lead a team of professionals
- Recruit, retain and develop a group of highly skilled talents
- Set clear direction, coach and unite people in a common culture with clear career paths
- Build and manage resourcing and utilization targets according to local market needs and actively participate in the Global Resource Management process
- A Master of Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or similar academic background
- Relevant experience from the Investment Management or Sell-side Industry: connections to the ecosystem, good insight into industry trends and challenges traditional understanding
- SaaS, BPO or Managed Services go-to-market experience : offer design, build, selling
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management position in a high performing service organization
- Proven leadership and people skills and experience with working in a matrix organization
- Experience in running P&L in a service business
- Technical proficiency with good understanding of ITIL
- Solid experience with Managed Services delivery
- Teaming mindset
- Quality of service mindset
- Experience running an efficient and profitable business with a mix of local and global deliveries
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Ability to operate in a changing environment
- Good listening communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to operate and influence successfully at all levels
- Fluency in French and English
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
More about working at SimCorp