SimCorp delivers a software product for the asset management industry. The main product SimCorp Dimension covers the whole workflow for the investment management of banks, asset managers and insurance companies. As a global company with more than 165 of the top-ranked global investment management clients worldwide, SimCorp is continuously expanding its market-leading position, with a product that helps customers perform the many tasks needed to stay ahead in today’s international financial markets. SimCorp has approximately 1,250 employees and is listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.
You will work within the Front Office area of product management, with a focus on a SimCorp’s Order Management System (OMS). This integrated module within Dimension is used by traders to execute orders across multiple asset classes (equities, listed derivatives, fixed income, OTC and FX) using FIX connectivity to brokers, dark pools, execution management systems and trading platforms.
In the RnD part of SimCorp, we are organized into seven Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and each of them consists of a number of agile teams. Each agile team has a Product Owner. The Product Owner is an agile team member who serves as the customer proxy and is a part of the Product Management function. The Product Owner is responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the agile team backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the product the team is responsible for.
- Liaise with colleagues in product management and clients to obtain the requirements for the next version of the product.
- Analyse all the requirements that have been gathered.
- Liaise with development teams on full-lifecycle projects using the Agile methodology.
- Own (build, refine, maintain, and re-prioritize) the team backlog.
- Own and drive user story definitions, provide clarifications for estimation and story sequencing.
- Participate in the development of story acceptance criteria and validate that the story meets these criteria at the end of the sprint, including it also complies with the Definition of Done.
- Be an expert and the “go-to” person on the functionality you are responsible for.
- Give input on how to improve the functionality both internally and externally.
- Contribute to the UX design concepts and solutions for the product parts.
- Run client workshops and demos to gather client input on the ongoing development.
As the ideal candidate, you have
- A master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Math or similar.
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills, analytical capabilities.
- Profound knowledge within Trading or Portfolio Management domains, ideally from the investment management industry.
- Ability and experience with engaging proactively with clients and internal stakeholders to solicit input for user stories.
- Experience in business and system analysis, stakeholder management, prioritization of heavy inflow of backlog items.
- The ability to see the big picture and convey it to team members in a clear manner.
- Appreciation of team accomplishments over personal accomplishments.
- Experience with SAFe/agile practices will be an advantage.
Why join SimCorp?
- Official employment and competitive salary.
- A challenging and rewarding position in a global professional organization.
- The atmosphere is open and informal and highly professional.
- Since you will be a part of professional Product Management community located globally, you will find excellent professional development possibilities.
- Substantial medical insurance coverage.
- Flexible work hours.
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
More about working at SimCorp
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.