The Data Operations Manager is responsible is to lead, manage, support and develop the regional Data Operations team(s) who are responsible to manage the market and master data for financial instruments for various clients. The role is accountable to assure all data in scope of SimCorp's Datacare offering (managed data service for financial instrument data) is collected, composed, controlled and distributed according the effective SLA agreements with the individual clients In particular, this includes governing, processing and distributing of all financial instruments/institution master and pricing data.
Furthermore, this role is responsible to manage shifts and capacity needs in the local Data Operations team and steer immediate resource (re)allocations according to the service needs of the clients.
The Data Operations Manager is also the first contact point for customer interaction beyond the regular service requests and manages the relation to regional and local clients in collaboration with the Head Service Delivery and ultimately with the Head Data as a Service.
Eventually, this role also requires to demonstrate very client-focused mindset, substantial know-how of financial instruments (such as Equities, Fixed Income, ABS/MBS, etc.) and provide coaching to other members.
- Manage regional Data Operations teams and ensure all daily service deliverables in terms of collecting, composing, controlling and distributing financial instrument data are met according to effective client SLAs
- Assure the execution of all quality checks part of the service scope and strict adherence to existing run-book(s)
- Ensure all questions and service requests raised by clients are resolved in a timely and professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction and SLA compliance
- Ensure compliance with all existing governance and risk frameworks and execution of all mandatory operational risk and audit deliverables in the effective service context (e.g. Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX), etc.)
- Manage and oversee all executed data analysis as a result of client requests and assure operational adherence of existing incident and change management processes standards
- Frequently review, (re)design and improve existing processes, quality controls and manual workarounds especially this which pose a high error risk to the service delivery
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional clients and act as a single point of contact (SPOC) on all service delivery related matters in collaboration with the DaaS Head Service Delivery
- Collaborate with Data Advisory and Change Management team to manage resource demands originating out of changes and testing efforts
- Assure and foster continuous know-how exchange between the regional Data Operations teams to eliminate know-how silos and gaps in terms of processes, incidents and general documentation
- Oversee and improve the effectiveness of defined data quality and governance frameworks to sustain data quality and reliability of the service delivery
- Manage and follow up on audit, SOX and other operational risk topics to ensure compliance and timely closure
- Maintain all operational documentation relevant in the context of daily service deliveries, e.g. run-books, control sign-offs, etc.
- MUST HAVE: Experience with data vendor feeds (Bloomberg, IDC, Reuters, etc.) and display products, 5-7 years
- MUST HAVE: Deep knowledge of traditional and non-traditional financial instruments and markets including structured securities, especially complex instruments like ABS/MBS, index linked bonds, and syndicated loans.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in finance to engineering
- People Management experience, 3-4 years
- Solving master and reference data issues based on exception handling, 3-4 years
- Managing service delivery team(s) and client relations, 3–4 years
- Applying operational data management and data governance, 2-3 years
- Process design and engineering experience, 1-2 years
- Process management experience, 2-3 years
- Requirements engineering and data modelling experience, 1-2 years
- Experience with EDM platforms, 3-4 years
- Experience with service request systems or any other similar ticketing tool, like HPALM, Service Now, etc., 4-5 years
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
More about working at SimCorp
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. Include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.