Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
Accountants are finance professionals with up to 4 years of experience who form part of the Global Finance team, working as part of the finance and/or accounting function. The Accountant has a basic understanding of accounting practices and their work ensures the smooth operation of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
An Accountant will be assigned a specific portion of the month end closing duties. The work of an Accountant can vary from business unit to business unit depending on the composition of the department.
The Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of transactions which are the basis of our internal and external reporting activities. An Accountant will be assigned some of the more basic accounting activities in the department and report directly to the APAC Financial Controller.
Other duties assigned to an Accountant may include:
- Preparation of journal entries
- To reconcile balance sheet accounts
- To record all compensation payments, accruals and adjustments.
- To assist as needed with local tax filings (sales tax, VAT, etc.)
- To assist with the creation of vendor payments after validation of correct approvals.
- To maintain fixed asset subledgers
- To approve travel and expense claims and ensure company policies are being followed.
- To maintain internal cash reporting
- To create customer invoices and send them to customers with the appropriate support required by the customer
- To record cash receipts from customers and apply them in the accounting system.
- Perform other ad hoc reporting as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Degree Qualified in Accounting
- 2-3 years experience, with audit background preferred
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
If you would like to know more about the job, please email email@example.com . Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only applications sent through our system will be processed