SimCorp is a leading supplier of highly specialized software and expertise for financial institutions and corporations. Our main product SimCorp Dimension is a modular system that offers a complete solution for the investment management of banks, asset managers and insurance companies. The basis for our complex software is excellent financial services know-how and a strong understanding of the individual requirements of our customers. More than 180 financial institutions all over the world use our software. As a global player, we are continuously expanding our market-leading position.
To further strengthen our support capabilities required to deliver this, we are looking for support developers with strong C# skills for our North American Market Unit.
In this position, you will have a great opportunity to gain a broad knowledge of our clients' use of SimCorp Dimension, with a specialized focus on our Front office and AIM Support Lines. As a Global Support developer, you will be part of a global team comprised of +100 members spread across the world. You will be responsible to individually find, assist, cooperate and lead your team members to find solid solutions for varying challenges, mainly (but by no means restricted to) the FO and AIM areas. As a developer, you will sit close to business consultants who are in day-to-day contact with our clients, to resolve problems and answer questions. As such, you will play a pivotal role as a link between our clients in the market and colleague developers in SimCorp's developer units.
As a GS developer, you will also have the unique opportunity of becoming part of a select group of experts who are trusted to bring complex and challenging data adjustments directly to the clients' database. Within this group of experts you will be asked to share knowledge and use your collected expertise to build a strong knowledge hub. At the same time, this team will continuously strive to increase the quality levels of these data adjustment deliveries. Some of these data adjustment exercises may benefit from your onsite presence and give you the unique opportunity to interact directly with people using SimCorp Dimension and will benefit from your solutions.
Located in New York, this role will work within the local Global Customer Services team and be responsible for all clients who are live with SimCorp Dimension in the region, and those clients with extended support contracts that include 24/7 support.
Reporting to Regional Senior Support Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with business consultants and other developers to analyze and solve customers' issues
- Co-operating with customers to understand their use of the system and translate this into code solutions
- Debugging code and creating business or technical solutions
- Creating code specifications for the solutions
- Being a key interface to SimCorp's Product Division
- Creating and delivering data adjustments in client's installations
Some travel to other Market Units, SimCorp's Headquarters for training and onsite visits at clients may also be required.
You will be required to work on weekends/public holidays from time to time. Working extended hours might also be required on occasion.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering and/or 3-7 years of equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of the SimCorp Dimension IMS framework functionality
- A strong sense of quality, ability to work to deadlines, attention to detail, and taking ownership of delivering a sound solution
- Ability to manage multiple interests simultaneously and independently: safeguard scopes, state requirements, control and ensure planning, and execute on those successfully
- Highly developed collaboration skills, and valuing team goals over personal achievements
- Curiosity, ability and willingness to gain and apply broad knowledge in different areas and constantly learn new things, such as specific business domain knowledge
- Patient, self-organized and proactive
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) preferred
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including C# (.NET Framework 4.0 or later) and APL, F# a plus
- Proven experience in three-tier client/server design and development
- Hands-on experience working in integrated development environments, including Microsoft Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server/GitHub
- Hands-on experience working with database development tools, including SQL Developer, TOAD, MS SQL Management Studio
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with the Financial Technology industry preferred
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
More about working at SimCorp
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. Include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.