Global Support Developer (C# / APL)
SimCorp is a leading supplier of highly specialised software and expertise for financial institutions and corporations. Our main product SimCorp Dimension is a modular system that offers a complete solution for the investment management of banks, asset managers and insurance companies. The basis for our complex software is excellent financial services know-how and a very good understanding of the individual requirements of our customers. More than 180 financial institutions all over the world use our software. As a global player we are continuously expanding our market-leading position.
SimCorp Asia Pacific is experiencing a substantial increase in business and to support our growth we are looking for a Global Support System Development Consultant. This interesting job offers you a unique opportunity to increase your knowledge and get experience on a variety of technical disciplines. You will find yourself working in a dynamic and fast growing environment for an international company with a significant growth potential and career opportunities. If you want to contribute to our success and develop in a professional environment - grow with us!
- Working closely with experienced business and technical consultants to analyse and solve customer issues (actual visits to client sites may be required)
- Generation and explanation of high quality solutions in the code or finding solutions without a code change
- Analysis of problems and questions sent by customers in the program code languages C# & APL
- Tracing code and creating solutions
- Creating code specifications for the solutions in accordance with SimCorp’s coding standards
- Working closely in the global support team with our experienced consultants and system developers.
- Co-operating with customers to understand their use of the system
- Being an interface to and close cooperation with the Product Division and other internal departments in Ukraine, Bad Homburg, London and Copenhagen.
- Keeping knowledge about system and development standards up to date
- Supporting clients located globally across multiple time zones
- You will be based in Singapore and will be occasionally required to work on weekends/Public Holidays from time to time. Working extended hours might also be required on occasion.
- Some overseas travel to our clients (local and international) or head office in Denmark may be required from time to time
- University degree, in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with strong proven tracing and debugging skills in APL and/or C# and strong knowledge of developer test tools
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented design
- Excellent ability to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with solution focused results in understanding customer specific requirements and issues
- Capacity to work independently with the self-motivation and drive to resolve client issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle complex and cognitively demanding situations in English
- Proven ability in maintaining effectiveness within a team when faced with customer/colleague demands
- Proven ability to take full ownership for assigned tasks ensuring all measures are taken to deliver superior results
- A strong desire and commitment to service and establish good working relationships with clients
- Knowledge or high interest in financial issues - theoretical as well as practical is a distinct advantage
This is a permanent placement on a local contract.
If you want to know more about the job, please contact David. Please send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.