SimCorp is a leading supplier of highly specialized software and expertise for financial institutions and corporations. Our main product SimCorp Dimension is a modular system that offers a complete solution for the investment management of banks, asset managers and insurance companies. The basis for our complex software is excellent financial services know-how and a very good understanding of the individual requirements of our customers. More than 180 financial institutions all over the world use our software. As a global player we are continuously expanding our market-leading position.
To further strengthen our support capabilities required to deliver this, we are looking for support developers with strong C# skills for our North American market unit.
In this position you will have a great opportunity to gain a broad knowledge of our clients’ use of SimCorp Dimension with a specialized focus on our Data Management Solution suite SimCorp Gain. You will work in collaboration with other units to ensure a professional and efficient problem solving process across multiple time zones for our clients.
Being located in New York you will work within the local Global Customer Services team being responsible for all clients who are live with SimCorp Dimension and SimCorp Dimension Gain globally and for SimCorp Clients with extended support contracts including. 24/7 support
Reporting to the Regional Support Manager , you will be responsible for:
• Working closely with experienced business and technical consultants to analyse and solve customer issues, with a particular focus on C# issues (this may involve visits to client sites as required)
• Program code analysis of problems and questions qualified by Business Consultants.
• Finding solutions that do not require a code change and suggesting high quality solutions in the code when a code fix is required.
• Co-operating closely with the SimCorp Gain Support Centre, the Developer Network within Customer Services and the Product Division.
• Some travel to other Market Units, head office for training and onsite visits at Customers may also be required.
• You will be required to work on weekends/Public Holidays from time to time. Working extended hours might also be required on occasion.
Knowledge & Experience
We are looking for C# developers who are keen to develop their profession and create added value for our customers, thus improving our support chain and giving them an even better service.
In order to be considered for the role you preferably have:
• University degree in Computer Science or mathematics or similar
• 3+ years of C# coding experience and proven tracing and debugging skills.
• Domain knowledge within SimCorp Gain (formerly known as AIM Gain) or comparable data management solutions would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience of Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 on wards including Windows Forms, WPF and WCF
• Experience with common debugging tools
• Resilient and able to work to a high standard when under pressure.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with solution focused results in understanding customer specific requirements and issues
• Able and willing to read, understand and analyse complex code
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to handle complex and cognitively demanding situations in English
• Proven ability in maintaining effectiveness within a team when faced with customer/colleague demands
• Proven ability to take full ownership for assigned tasks ensuring all measures are taken to deliver superior results
• A profound interest in further strengthening SimCorp support model to the benefit of our clients and SimCorp would be a distinct advantage.
If you believe you are suitably qualified for this position, please apply below.