The Senior Financial Data Operator is responsible to execute the collection, composition, control and distribution of market and master data for financial instruments (Equities, Funds, Fixed Income, ABTS/MBS, OTS Derivatives, etc.) for various SimCorp clients and in accordance of the effective SLA agreements.
Furthermore, this role is responsible to answer client questions and conduct all necessary data analyses of financial instruments data to resolve service delivery incidents to continue service delivery.
The role is also responsible to adhere to all relevant operational risk as well as data governance and quality frameworks.
Eventually, this role also requires to demonstrate very client-focused mindset, substantial know-how of financial instruments (such as Equities, Fixed Income, ABS/MBS, etc.) and provide coaching to other members.
Reports to: Data Operations Manager
- Execute all daily service deliverables in terms of collecting, composing, controlling and distributing financial instrument data are met according to effective client SLAs
- Execution of all quality checks part of the service scope and strict adherence to existing run-book(s) as well as data quality and governance frameworks and conduct first data analysis in case of unexpected data behavior
- Resolve all data questions, service requests and requested audit support raised by clients in a timely and professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction and SLA compliance
- Perform all necessary tasks to comply existing operational risk frameworks (e.g. Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX), Risk and Control Engine (RACE) etc.)
- Proactively support and contribute to continuous improvement of operational processes (with predominant focus on manual processes and/or high risk areas), data quality checks and system functionality
- Work with local/regional clients to identify specific requirements, special data treatment or any other client demands which need to be delivered as part of the service scope
- Perform continuous know-how exchange between the different Data Operations teams in terms of processes, incidents, documentation or other open topics to avoid know-how silos/gaps and assure service level consistency
- Monitor and report any kind of issues along the data supply chain including but not limited to interface issues, missing data files or interrupted business processes and trigger the necessary resolution processes to ensure service delivery continuation
- Maintain documentation in terms of business processes, functional descriptions, operational run-books or other manuals to ensure information transparency and enable know-how transfers
Education / Experience:
- MUST HAVE: Experience with data vendor feeds (Bloomberg, IDC, Reuters, etc.) and display products, 4-5 years
- MUST HAVE: Deep knowledge of traditional and non-traditional financial instruments and financial products
- Experience with EDM platforms, 4-5 years
- Requirements gathering and data modelling experience, 1-2 years
- Solving master and reference data issues based on exception handling, 3-4 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in finance to engineering
- Applying operational data management and data governance, 2-3 years
- Process design experience, 1-2 years
- Process management experience, 1-2 years
- Experience with service request systems or any other similar ticketing tool, like HPALM, Service Now, etc., 4-5 years
SimCorp is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.