The Regional Head of Operations is responsible to lead, manage, support and develop the regional Data Operations team(s) who are responsible to manage the market and master data for financial instruments for various clients. The role is accountable to assure all data in scope of SimCorp’s Datacare offering (managed data service for financial instrument data) is collected, composed, controlled and distributed according the effective SLA agreements with the individual clients. In particular, this includes governing, processing and distributing of all financial instruments/institution master and pricing data.
Furthermore, this role is responsible to manage shifts and capacity needs in the local Data Operations team and steer immediate resource (re)allocations according to the service needs of the clients.
The Regional Head of Operations is also the first contact point for customer interaction beyond the regular service requests and manages the relation to regional and local clients in collaboration with the Head Service Delivery and ultimately with the Head Data as a Service.
This role also requires a very client-focused mindset, substantial know-how of financial instruments (such as Equities, Fixed Income, ABS/MBS, etc.) and the ability to provide coaching to other members.
- Manage regional Data Operations teams and ensure all daily service deliverables in terms of collecting, composing, controlling and distributing financial instrument data are met according to effective client SLAs
- Documenting client requirements and displaying them in a consistent format (runbook) to ensure both client and data operations agree on procedures and execution of agreed to service deliverables.
- Assure the execution of all quality checks part of the service scope and strict adherence to existing runbook(s)
- Ensure all questions and service requests raised by clients are resolved in a timely and professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction and SLA compliance
- Ensure compliance with all existing governance and risk frameworks and execution of all mandatory operational risk and audit deliverables in the effective service context (e.g. Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX), etc.)
- Manage and oversee all executed data analysis as a result of client requests and assure operational adherence of existing incident and change management processes standards
- Frequently review, (re)design and improve existing processes, quality controls and manual workarounds especially those which pose a high error risk to the service delivery
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional clients and act as a single point of contact (SPOC) on all service delivery related matters in collaboration with the DaaS Head Service Delivery
- Collaborate with Data Advisory and Change Management team to manage resource demands originating out of changes and testing efforts
- Assure and foster continuous know-how exchange between the regional Data Operations teams to eliminate know-how silos and gaps in terms of processes, incidents and general documentation
- Oversee and improve the effectiveness of defined data quality and governance frameworks to sustain data quality and reliability of the service delivery
- Manage and follow up on audit, SOX and other operational risk topics to ensure compliance and timely closure
- Maintain all operational documentation relevant in the context of daily service deliveries, e.g. run-books, control sign-offs, etc.
Education / Experience:
- MUST HAVE: Experience with data vendor feeds (Bloomberg, IDC, Reuters, etc.) and display products, 5-7 years
- MUST HAVE: Deep knowledge of traditional and non-traditional financial instruments and markets including structured securities, especially complex instruments like ABS/MBS, index linked bonds, and syndicated loans.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in finance or engineering
- People Management experience, 3-4 years
- Solving master and reference data issues based on exception handling, 3-4 years
- Managing service delivery team(s) and client relations, 3–4 years
- Applying operational data management and data governance, 2-3 years
- Process design and engineering experience, 1-2 years
- Process management experience, 2-3 years
- Requirements engineering and data modelling experience, 1-2 years
- Experience with EDM platforms, 3-4 years
- Experience with service request systems or any other similar ticketing tool, like HPALM, Service Now, etc., 4-5 years