SimCorp North America is recruiting a Senior Business Consultant to implement SimCorp Dimension at asset managers, fund managers, banks and pension plans across the US and Canada. Our consulting teams work hands on with both client technology teams and their business lines, to configure SimCorp Dimension, to evolve and shape underlying business processes to fit the application, and to implement Dimension on client defined infrastructure.
The consultant will be responsible for all aspects of the implementation process, with primary focus on the ABOR suite of functionality: Investment Accounting, Fund Administration, General Ledger, Settlements, Collateral, and Corporate Actions. In addition, performance measurement and risk management may be included in client implementation projects.
Consulting teams will be exposed to a spectrum of securities, from plain vanilla equity and fixed income instruments to complex OTC derivatives.
SimCorp's internal education program provides consultants a unique opportunity for personal development and to gain in-depth knowledge over a broad range of areas within the investment management industry. Consultants will have the opportunity to specialize in specific areas of the investment management process and have a unique opportunity to influence their career path. Additionally, consultants will gain invaluable 'hands-on' experience working with world class investment managers at client sites.
- Participate in all aspects of the SimCorp Dimension implementation, including business analysis, system design and configuration, data conversion, integration, testing and training.
- Independently manage one or more business-related workstreams in the implementation project, identifying all required tasks, dependencies, and time/resource estimates and providing to Project Manager for inclusion in the overall project plan, as well as providing regular status updates.
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops at new or existing clients in business-related areas, such as portfolio and cash structures, investment and fund accounting, transaction and settlement processing, corporate actions, and performance measurement.
- Document client requirements and map to SimCorp Dimension functions and processes, identifying process improvements and efficiencies where possible.
- Design and deliver an overall solution set to meet client requirements, modelling operational workflows around SimCorp Dimension, customizing and delivering standard configuration solutions, and developing and delivering new solutions.
- Customize the standard data conversion tools to meet client requirements to facilitate the conversion of portfolio and security master data, position data, historical performance, etc.
- Assist the client in development an overall test strategy and test plans and support the client in the execution of test cases, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- Provide configuration and end-user training, allowing the client to maintain SimCorp Dimension and optimize its usage.
- Contribute to improving and documenting best practices for implementations in the US and Canada.
- Act as a mentor and coach to less experienced colleagues.
- Participate in SimCorp's internal training program.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites within the US or Canada as needed and upon short-notice (travel requirement of 75%).
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in buy side Asset Managers
- Our candidates will have experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Asset Management - Middle or Back Office
- Consulting or Professional Services within the Asset Management sector
- An implementation role for a software vendor specializing in Asset Management software
- Asset Management candidates should have 5-10 years of experience working hands on with the investment and/or fund accounting functions and the enterprise applications that enable them
- Consultants should have experience with multiple enterprise implementations involving ABOR functions on the buy side, and hands on experience with applications similar to Dimension
- Degree within Mathematics / Applied Sciences / Software Engineering / Economics and/or Finance. Multi-disciplined degree and post graduate degrees preferred.
- Consultants will also have a proven track record and be able to demonstrate:
- An interest in the Finance industry, possess the capacity to learn more through a combination of internal training and on-the-job experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and a solution focused attitude
- Methodical, hardworking, enthusiastic and an ability to work well under pressure
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Interest and enthusiasm to use and learn new software packages.
Detailed knowledge of two or more of the following areas:
- Investment and fund accounting
- Domestic and international settlement processes
- Fixed income products
- Equity-based products
- OTC derivatives
- SQL, XML, and/or ETL tools
- Relational databases
- Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of data providers' proprietary software
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds.
Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career