Accountants are finance professionals with up to 4 years of experience who form part of the Global Finance team, working as part of the finance and/or accounting function. The Accountant has a basic understanding of accounting practices and their work ensures the smooth operation of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
An Accountant will be assigned a specific portion of the month end closing duties. The work of an Accountant can vary from business unit to business unit depending on the composition of the department.
Regardless of specific duties assigned, the Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of transactions which are the basis of our internal and external reporting activities. An Accountant will be assigned some of the more basic accounting activities in the department.
Other duties assigned to an Accountant may include:
• Preparation of journal entries
• To reconcile balance sheet accounts
• To record all compensation payments, accruals and adjustments.
• To assist as needed with local tax filings (sales tax, VAT, etc.)
• To assist with the creation of vendor payments after validation of correct approvals.
• To maintain fixed asset subledgers
• To approve travel and expense claims and ensure company polies are being followed.
• To maintain internal cash reporting
• To create customer invoices and send them to customers with the appropriate support required by the customer
• To record cash receipts from customers and apply them in the accounting system.
• Perform other ad hoc reporting as needed.
SimCorp is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.