Why this role is important to us
Our Education Services offers training for SimCorp employees, partners, and clients. Our mission is to deliver the best possible educational offerings for SimCorp's investment management software solution, SimCorp Dimension.
Education Services is an international team located in Copenhagen, Warsaw, and Bad Homburg. Your main mission as an Assistant in Education Services will be to to ensure smooth and efficient administration of trainings. You will report to the Head of Education Services.
What you will be responsible for
- Maintaining training records such as participant lists, schedules and attendance sheets
- Booking classrooms and ensuring they are properly set up across our venues
- Preparing and distributing material such as instructional notes and feedback forms
- Acting as a point-of-contact for participants and instructors
- Resolving issues as they arise
- Submitting reports on training activities and results
What we value
Most important is that you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. We would expect you to be proficient in several of the following skills and be able to upskill to a high standard for the remainder.
- Experience as a Training/Course Administrator, Learning Assistant, HR Assistant or in a similar role
- Familiar with working with databases and Learning Management Systems (LMS). We use Docebo and Workday.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Great organizing and multitasking ability
- Very good communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Fluency in English
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid working model
- Private medical care (Medicover)
- Sharing the costs of sports activities (Multisport Card).
- Life insurance
- Possibility of developing your career in an international environment
- Professional training and courses
- Language classes
- Integration events and charity projects
Who we are
For over 50 years, we have been working closely together with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,300+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated into our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. While aiming to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
Visit our career pages to learn more about working at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Please click below to apply or get in touch with Rita Jeziorowski on email@example.com to learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp offers regarding salary, benefits and perks.
Please note only applications sent through our system will be processed.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks.
We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.