Why this role is important to us
SimCorp is developing a new game changing Software-as-a-Service solution for Performance Measurement and Attribution, which will allow Investment Managers to interact with, and analyze their investments in a modern web application. It is connected to a high-performance computing calculation engine in the back-end, thus combining more than 50 years of industry-leading experience of SimCorp with a modern user experience and cloud computing, enabling users to do in minutes what used to take hours.
- Coordinate and execute on development and maintenance of the investment performance solution in collaboration with product owners and other teams
- Investigate and implement best practices for code quality in a trunk-based CI/CD context
- Ensuring a coherent user experience in close collaboration with both designers and product owners.
- Learn who our users are, and what kind of business value we deliver to them
What will you work with?
- C# .Net, always on the latest version
- Code Design and architecture
- Git (Azure DevOps), with CI/CD
- Azure (Infrastructure as Code)
Who are you?
- You understand the importance of automatic testing of business-critical functionality.
- You are able to solve complex problems in a structured manner.
- You are enthusiastic about building state-of-the-art software, and have the mindset needed to make others understand your ideas.
- You are good at coordinating with both programmers and non-programmers, to ensure a full understanding of tasks.
- You have a Master’s degree or higher within Computer Sciences, Engineering, Finance, Physics, Mathematics, Economics or similar experience
- If you have knowledge of a financial domain it is definitely a plus, otherwise we will bring you up to speed using technical discussions, training and a comprehensive onboarding program
What it is like to work here
SimCorp plans work in an agile manner, using 4 planning intervals (PI’s) per year, each consisting of 5 sprints of 2 weeks each, followed by a 3-week Innovation and Planning sprint, which can be used for mastering skills in various areas, or more freely investigating ideas with prototypes. It is important that our people learn and grow constantly, and SimCorp invests a lot to foster the continuous learning environment to support people on their journeys.
Competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & life balance: flexible work hours, a hybrid workplace model. On top of that, we have IP sprints where you have 3 weeks per quarter you can spend on mastering your skills as well as contributing to the company development. There is never just only one route - we practice an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,500+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general. SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
Finally, we also have a well-stocked in-building bar, that serves as an excellent place to meet new people, should one be so tempted.