Accountants are finance professionals with up to 5 years of experience who form part of the Global Finance team, working as part of the finance and/or accounting function. The Accountant has a basic understanding of accounting practices and their work ensures the smooth operation of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
An Accountant will be assigned a specific portion of the month end closing duties. The work of an Accountant can vary from business unit to business unit depending on the composition of the department.
Regardless of specific duties assigned, the Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of transactions which are the basis of our internal and external reporting activities. An Accountant will be assigned some of the more basic accounting activities in the department with the possibility for taking on additional duties.
Other duties assigned to an Accountant may include:
• Preparation of journal entries
• To reconcile balance sheet accounts
• To record all compensation payments, accruals and adjustments.
• To assist as needed with local tax filings (sales tax, VAT, etc.)
• To assist with the creation of vendor payments after validation of correct
• To maintain fixed asset subledgers
• To approve travel and expense claims and ensure company policies are
• To maintain internal cash reporting
• To create customer invoices and send them to customers with the
appropriate support required by the customer
• To record cash receipts from customers and apply them in the accounting
• Work with other subsidiaries to ensure proper reconciliation of
• Process payroll and perform other payroll related administrative duties
• Perform other ad hoc reporting as needed.
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1.900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career