Who we are:
For over 50 years, we have been working closely together with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,500+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated into our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our customers. While aiming to deliver customer value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
Why this role is important to us:
In SimCorp, we assist some of the biggest financial institutions in the world to be efficient by simplifying their investments, accounting, and operations. We do this through IT systems, processes, financial knowledge but also through offering Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and Business Process as a Service (BPaaS).
BPaaS is a new business unit within SimCorp, delivering Technology Enabled Business Services, leveraging SimCorp with the best of our market-proven technology platforms. Our team consists of top tier experts to create world class investment accounting, and data management services. Onboarding new customers and enabling them to reach their desired outcomes, is key which is why this role is essential to us.
We are looking for an Client Onboarding Manager to lead and co-ordinate BPaaS onboarding projects; Data Management Services, Investment Operation Services and/or Investment Accounting Services, with a focus on minimizing friction and ensuring a smooth transition while safeguarding the funded service scope to ensure profitable service delivery.
What you will be responsible for:
The Client Onboarding Manager will play a crucial role in ensuring a seamless and efficient onboarding process for new customers. This position requires a deep understanding of Asset Servicing / Asset Management, exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Good understanding of project management methodologies and tools is also essential to the role.
As our Onboarding Manager, you will be reporting to BPaaS Program Manager and be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and acting as the primary point of contact during the onboarding process.
- Manage all aspects of BPaaS onboarding projects including project initiation, project planning (internal/external), scope management, resource management, time management, project governance, controlling, and reporting.
- Together with Service experts, provide guidance and support, explaining SimCorp’s standard business processes, service features and answering questions to facilitate customer understanding and manage customer expectations with regards to the service outcome as well as potential scope changes. Ensure a consequent tell-approach is applied in the service onboarding.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Sales, SaaS, Product Development, Professional Services as well as program managers/project managers on larger deals to streamline onboarding process, jointly develop onboarding plans to ensure efficient service delivery and drive common objectives.
- Monitor project timelines, milestones, and deliverables, and provide regular updates to BPaaS leadership team.
- Understanding how to manage change as a process and applying all the rigor and discipline around the change management process. Handling competing and conflicting demands and changing the approach to best fit the situation.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve onboarding process and documentation of best practices, with a focus on enhancing efficiency and the overall customer experience.
- Stay up-to-date with the SimCorp’s financial products and services to effectively guide customers through the onboarding process.
- Maintain and update SLAs, policies, and other critical service documentation in collaboration with the delivery team.
What we value
Most important is that you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. We would expect you to be proficient in several of the following skills and be able to upskill to a high standard for the remainder.
- Proven experience in customer onboarding within the Asset Management or Asset Servicing industry.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related field. MBA or relevant certifications (e.g., CFA) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of financial technology and business processes, especially with asset managers, pension funds, insurance companies or Asset servicers.
- PMI/PMP, Prince 2 or equivalent certification
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on client relationship management.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Readiness to travel to customer sites from time to time
An attractive salary, bonus scheme and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide a good work and life balance and opportunities for professional development: there is never just only one route - we offer an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Visit our career pages to learn more about working at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Please click below to apply or get in touch with Kristina Manukyan, firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp offers regarding salary, benefits and perks.
Please note only applications sent through our system will be processed.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you.