WHO WE ARE
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,500+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At SimCorp, we support some of the biggest financial institutions in the world to be successful by simplifying their investments, accounting, and operations. Currently SimCorp is transforming the way we deliver services to our clients. We are seeking a highly motivated member to join our team as a Senior Data Engineer. You will be joining a growing dynamic team within SimCorp’s Product Division. In our team, we create the reports and deliver it in various ways to our Investment Operation as a Service and Investment Account as a Service clients.
WHAT WE VALUE
You will be great for this position if you have some of the following proficiencies:
- Familiarity with Microsoft cloud data services (or similar cloud services), including but not limited to Azure SQL, Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Cosmos DB and Analysis Services (SAAS)
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse (Oracle SQL) and Snowflake
- Understanding of data mart structures, ETL processes, and data warehousing concepts
- Desire to work in an Agile environment and use DevOps / DataOps practices such as continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment.
- Some proficiency in C# .NET
- Financial knowledge in investment banking and accounting is an advantage
- Fluency in English
As a professional, you embody one or more of these qualities:
- Proactively collaborates with team members to achieve common goals.
- Proven problem-solving skills and comfortable questioning specifications.
- Effective communicator who is not afraid to speak up when needed.
- Interested in sharing knowledge with your teammates
- Demonstrates a willingness to take initiatives.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and values teamwork.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Work with SimCorp Dimension Data Warehouse manager to create and maintain base marts and user marts
- Create reports and dashboards using BI tools
- Support the team in using our ETL workflows to create Reports
- Ensure that new data entities get implemented in the data model using schemas that are appropriate for their use, facilitating good performance and analytics needs.
- Promote best practice regarding Pull requests in GitHub and SQL scripts in Snowflake
- Ensure quality in our data solutions and that we can ensure good data quality every time we release
- Support technical writers and quality assurance specialists regarding the deliverables
- Provide input to our framework team for enhancing the tools we utilize
- Refine features and stories to an operation level in collaboration with the team and product owner
Please click below to apply to learn more about the role and what SimCorp can offer.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible.