Are you a modern software engineer with strong data skills? Does your full stack knowledge go deep into the data layer? Are you ready to work with a diverse and dynamic team in an agile fashion? Do your skills go beyond creating and testing great code?
If yes, then read on.
With the success of Simcorp’s growth, we are now expanding our Digital Engagement Platform team and looking for new Software Engineers. Our product is used by established asset managers to deliver financial information to their customers in a more innovative and engaging way consumed directly in their web browser from all over the world using either phone, tablet or desktop computer.
You will be part of an agile software development team specializing in modern web development and working closely with external stakeholders, as well as SimCorp’s site reliability engineering team. You will be expected to iteratively deliver value to our clients, using good engineering practices – with your team, as a team. This means building scalable and highly available systems to be used by thousands of users simultaneously from all over the globe. The team is truly diverse in many aspects, and similar to the product, the team is also innovative and creative.
The technologies we use include C#, Azure, TypeScript, Angular, .Net Core, Oracle, .NET Framework, SQL and Reporting (preferably PowerBI).
While we do not require expertise in the entire tech stack, we are looking for engineers with skills and experience in data modelling and warehousing. Understanding the existing architecture and improving our data modeling solution will be a key skillset. In addition, a wide range of internal frameworks, open source libraries and tools are used in the team.
- Implementing solutions by being involved in all development activities from requirements to support.
- Ensuring functional and non-functional requirements such as usability, technical documentation, security, and performance are considered as well as deployment, maintenance, and support of the solution.
- Collaborating with the product owner to create and refine testable user stories and align on acceptance criteria. Driving backlog refinement as a team effort and constantly working in that direction.
- Writing automated tests at all levels, including test data generation code/scripts and helping to the build-infrastructure where applicable. Afterwards, designing software so all test passes (eg. Test Driven Development).
- Perform exploratory testing of stories and Features.
- Creating, improving, and expanding automated tests for supporting CI (Continuous Integration).
- Proactively keeping our environments healthy by analyzing feedback from failing test and ensuring proper resolutions are found for failures.
- Driving, planning, and developing towards continuously deliveries.
- Education in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Minimum 1-3 years of professional experience within enterprise web development and cloud services.
- Strong data engineering skills and experience
- You are eager to continuously learn and improve, you listen with the intend to understand
- Designing and building solutions on cloud-architectures
- Knowledge and familiarity with approaches such as Agile, Lean, XP and practices including but not limited to Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, Mob Programming, Specification By Example
What could we offer
You will be working in an organization that offers great flexibility with regards to planning your own work and great development opportunities professionally and personally. We have a multitude of social activities and an informal way of communicating, taking charge of our tasks with respect, and team-spirit.
We celebrate multiple points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a journey and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of exciting and interesting opportunities. We celebrate multiple points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you are interested, please submit your CV and motivational letter.
In case you have questions please contact Peter Eugene Dunne