SimCorp develops, sells and delivers award-winning software solutions to the financial sector that mitigate risk, enable growth and cut costs. One of our core product lines is the SimCorp Coric Client Communications Platform which automates the business processes that generate personalized client reports, pitchbooks, client meeting packs and other client communications. Coric is used by private wealth and asset management firms to increase operational efficiency, enhance client service and enrich client experience.
Coric Reporting and Coric Engage are two, standalone solutions. Coric Engage is the digital client portal, made available as SaaS and based on advanced cloud native technologies running in Microsoft Azure public cloud. Coric Reporting is the automated content and reporting solution made available to our clients as PaaS and runs on Azure IaaS technology.
As a global company with more than 200 clients worldwide, SimCorp is continuously expanding its market-leading position, with solutions that help customers perform the many tasks needed to achieve competitive advantage in today’s international financial markets. SimCorp has approximately 2,000 employees and is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen Stock Exchange. For more information visit www.simcorp.com
This is an exciting role working in Everything-as-a-Service (XaaS) Delivery and will provide an opportunity to work with cutting edge cloud technologies in a DevOps, agile culture at an ambitious and growing company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work within XaaS Delivery (XD), reporting to the Coric Service Delivery Manager and their primary responsibilities will be to:
- Provision, configure and manage Azure Cloud IaaS and PaaS resources via development source code as opposed to manual or UI-driven configuration management. i.e. Everything-as-Code.
- Manage configuration files in a code repository to establish parameters and settings for Coric applications and system environments. I.e. Configuration-as-Code.
- Provide incident handling to investigate and diagnose issues impacting the code pipeline. Implement and deploy code changes to resolve issues and recover from service outages.
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders to develop, test and release code to;
- Fix issues found in the operation of our solutions
- Support our application upgrade automation
- Deliver new features and functionality for our services
- Collaborate closely with operations staff to build trust, rapport and an understanding of operational challenges faced day-to-day.
- Be proactive and seek out opportunities to increase and improve the level of automation in our service.
- Assist with project planning and provide input to project management decisions.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Coric Reporting Tech Stack / Environment: Microsoft Windows Server, .NET, IIS, SQL Server, PowerShell. Microsoft Azure IaaS.
Coric Engage Tech Stack / Environment: BLOB Storage, Azure Kubernetes, Data Factory, Azure SQL, PowerBI. Microsoft Azure PaaS.
- Experience in Infrastructure, Azure Service Development and Operations and able to write everything-as-Code in Azure Resource Management (ARM) templates.
- Familiar with code hosting, collaboration and experience of services such as GIT, Visual Studio Team Services, Azure DevOps or other source control management systems.
- Understand and appreciate the value of automated testing.
- Very strong PowerShell skills are required. Able to work with Azure PowerShell cmdlets to manage Azure resources and also with custom modules and functions used in a continuous delivery pipeline that deploys and maintains Coric applications. Including PowerShell DSC.
- Confident working with DevOps best practices such as Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code to manage different aspects of operating environments.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Azure Public Cloud and have experience with some or all of the following Azure services:
- Log Analytics
- Application Insights
- BLOB Storage
- Data Factory
- Azure SQL DB (PaaS)
- AAD & Identity Management/Governance
- ARM Templates (JSON)
- Virtual Machines
- Key Vaults
- Load balancers
- VNET, subnets, NICs and route tables
- Public IP addressing
- Azure backup and Azure Site Recovery
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Terraform.
- Experience with Harness CI/CD beneficial.
- Network experience including firewall and VPN management would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- ITIL (preferably v4) IT Service Management processes.
- Service Desk solutions such as RemedyForce, ServiceNow, JIRA or similar.
You will work as part of a global operations team with colleagues in Asia, Europe and North America.
Work closely with a Senior DevOps Engineer in North America as well as distributed DevOps teams in Europe.
Collaborate with global platform and product development teams.
- Occasional weekend availability for exceptional changes and high severity incidents.
We require a skilled professional who:
- Is an excellent collaborator, able to work across time zones and geographies to build strong relationships and great rapport with colleagues.
- Contributes to decision making and provides input to solution design from both the technical and operational perspective.
- Can lead small projects or contribute/influence projects of moderate size and scope through substantial contributions to project framing, often with moderately complex interfaces to other disciplines.
- Will take ownership of tasks and show individual leadership to manage themselves when dealing with complex technical details and cross departmental dependencies.
- Pays attention to detail in your work and in your communication.
- Embraces change and is motivated by learning new technologies and working practices.
- Has excellent communication skills and is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, able to develop rapport with colleagues and stakeholders across different teams in a globally dispersed company.
- Is able to think creatively and come up with innovative ideas and solutions to overcome challenges.
- Has strong customer service skills able to communicate with clients in a confident, clear and professional manner.
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds.
Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.