PreSales Director, Global Cloud Services | SaaS
SimCorp is an independent provider of buy-side investment management solutions. We service the largest investment managers around the world as their backbone system for the entire investment management process. As a company, we are on a transformational journey from providing software to delivering technology-enabled cloud services, we are looking for a presales specialist to help guide our clients through this transition. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1.900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
SimCorp has launched its flagship product – SimCorp Dimension as a fully managed cloud-based Software as a Service product. This has generated significant interest in the market, as manager for the presales team you will be accountable for turning interest into results.
SimCorp is looking for a highly skilled Manager for who can drive our Global Cloud Technical Sales department.
As the leader of the Cloud SaaS Presales team, you are responsible for leading our clients to our cloud-based portfolio of investment management Software as a Service products.
You'll be working globally and closely with local account teams, Sales and Go-to-Market teams SimCorp and with our product division and delivery organizations, to ensure that our clients have a frictionless journey to managed services in the cloud.
As Manager of the presales team, you are responsible for leading the team, and ensure that the team delivers on its responsibilities. You will participate in the technical sales processes yourself and lead your team by example.
- As a Presales Manager, you will lead the Global Cloud Sales Team, who are responsible for designing and scaling the technical sales processes for our Cloud-based software as a service offering, together with your team.
- Encourage and motivate team members and ensure that their potential is realized fully.
- Build and improve scalable technical sales material including workshops guides and presentations, building sales presentations and writing technical sales material.
- You will be supporting the technical sales aspects of deals and act as our customers’ trusted advisor from value proposals through estimation and pricing and on to finalization.
- Participate and organize internal SaaS and Cloud sales training for our sales channels.
- Throughout the sales process you will counsel our clients on Managed IT-services, Cloud-based solutions, and Security and compliance in the Financial Sector, so experience in these fields is foundational for your success.
- You will also drive and organize dialogue between customers and internal stakeholders and product teams and influence the overall direction for our cloud based products and services.
As the ideal candidate, you thrive in both commercial contexts and in technical domain, and can navigate in both contexts, and bridge across them. You have a strong leadership profile and have ambitions to build and lead a team to success. You will have lots of customer contact, both commercial and technical, so presentation skills, both in person and online are essential.
- +10 years experience with technical sales or sales engineering
- +5 years experience with management
- +5 years experience selling public cloud- and managed IT-services.
- Degree within Business Studies/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science/Engineering.
- A deep understanding of public cloud technologies, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- In depth knowledge about cloud security, regulatory and compliance from a regulated industry.
- Understanding of the enterprise and application architecture in Financial Services.
- Equipped with a team-player mentality individual with a can-do mindset.
- Embrace change and is motivated by learning new technologies and working practices.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written. Business proficiency in other languages is a strong plus.
- Relevant educational background, preferably Business and IT, Computer Science, or other relevant fields.