A Data Management Service (DMS) Service Manager is a professional who is responsible for maintaining and nurturing relationships with DMS customers and other stakeholders. The specific duties and responsibilities of a relationship manager may vary depending on the customers and deal types, but common tasks include:
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients: The service manager is responsible for establishing trust and confidence with clients and ensuring that they feel valued and supported.
• Understanding client needs and preferences: The service manager must be attuned to the needs and preferences of their clients, and work to tailor services, and solutions to meet those needs, while ringfencing the scope of service or identifying the incremental demands
• Communicating with clients: The service manager must be an effective communicator, able to articulate complex information in a clear and concise manner. They must also be able to listen effectively to understand the needs and concerns of clients. They must present a unified view of SimCorp and decrease the exposure of customer to multiple underlying delivery stacks
• Solving problems and resolving conflicts: When specific issues arise, the service manager must be able to identify the root cause, provide solutions, and mediate conflicts between clients and other stakeholders. They must resolve any decision paralysis by applying the right governance.
• Providing support and advice: They must be knowledgeable about the products, services, and solutions that SimCorp offers and be able to provide advice and support to clients as needed.
• Gathering and analyzing data: The service manager must be able to gather data, analyze it, and use it to identify trends and opportunities to improve service levels and quality for clients.
• Staying current with industry trends: The service manager must stay informed about industry trends, changes, and innovations, and be able to incorporate this knowledge into their work with clients.
The Service Manager will be responsible for managing the various needs of onboarding, acceptance, run, and renew phases of the customer service lifecycle. They will play a critical role in driving service adoption, managing escalations, aligning service roadmaps, and driving customer-centric service delivery.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Support onboarding projects by providing standard service offerings and scopes overviews to the customers
• Build peer relationships with service consumers to ensure a smooth onboarding process and drive service adoption and ensure onboarding expectations are aligned
• Manage escalations and communicate customer experience goals to ensure a positive experience during service life cycle
• Collaborate with project managers and customer success managers on bundled deals and drive shared common objectives
• During projects and daily business, manage scope creep/changes resulting in fee implications and ensure service scope governance is in place
• Continuously assess the customer experience to ensure customer satisfaction
• Facilitate the alignment of service solutions with the service roadmap and improvement metrics
• Manage major incident communications and lead the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) retrospection process in collaboration with the service and operational owners.
• Form workstreams with service delivery managers and customer success managers to enhance the end-to-end customer experience
• Develop the customer community and manage NPS and CSAT governance processes as well as service improvement KPIs to ensure customer voice is heard
• Contribute to the service strategy by incorporating customer feedback and industry standards into service improvements
• Ensure strategic governance processes are in place to drive continued growth and customer satisfaction
• Maintain and update SLAs, policies and other critical service documentation in collaboration with the delivery team.
Education / Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, project management, or a related field is preferred
• Experience in process design and engineering
• Proven experience as a relationship manager in a customer-facing role
• Good understanding of how Front-, Middle- and Backoffice are interconnected from a process view
• Decision-making experience in a multi discipline cross-functional team setup
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
• Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively
• Experience in software-as-a-service or business-as-a-service or a related field
• Experience in service delivery, project management, and customer success management is a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with customers and internal teams