Why this role is important to us:
At SimCorp, we support some of the biggest financial institutions in the world to be successful by simplifying their investments, accounting, and operations.
Over the last several years, our Product Development (PD) organization has been on an ongoing evolution to optimize ways of working and ensure the best outcomes for our customers, enable innovation, and allow for fast execution and adoption of strategic projects.
To strengthen accountability and focus on our core engineering disciplines, we have combined the roles of Development Manager, Release Engineer, and Scrum Master into a single engineering leadership role: the Director of Engineering. This role is responsible for an overall Product Area, with Engineering Managers (you) responsible for the teams in that area.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be a part of a team of 2-4 Senior Engineering Managers & Engineering Managers.
You’ll report to the Director of Engineering.
What you will be responsible for:
▪ Supporting 1-2 teams of Software Engineers within one Product area, with responsibility for hiring, growing, and upskilling your team through 1:1s, feedback, mentoring, coaching, and goal-setting
▪ Leading the day-to-day work for the team(s) and ideally acting like the Scrum Master for your teams. As such you both have a responsibility for the short-term deliverables in the sprint and the long-term improvements, development and constitution of your team(s)
▪ Promoting a healthy working environment for your teams
▪ Working closely with Product Management to understand and refine the customer outcomes that you and your teams are responsible for delivering
▪ Collaborating with other engineering leaders within your area to deliver cross-area initiatives and ensure knowledge sharing and consistency where needed
▪ Defining relevant engineering KPIs to gain insight into your team’s performance and to ensure improvement, for example in product quality, security, delivery, system performance, etc.
▪ Supporting engineering growth within your area of responsibility – with support from our Tech Leads
▪ Planning and the delivery of the outcomes of your teams
▪ Ensuring that your teams follow our security best practices and that we continually raise the bar when it comes to security
What we value:
• You are an engineer at heart, with an interest in improving things – whether that is people, processes, or technology
• First leadership experience, eager to create followership
• You have a good grasp of core engineering practices like testing, CI/CD, architecture, and be able to understand what your team is doing on a daily basis as well as reason with their decisions
• You have a good understanding of agile ways of working at the team level and know what methods & techniques to apply
• Experience with collaborating with stakeholders on different levels
• You know what is “good enough” and can guide your teams towards this
• You govern the ways of working in your teams and are responsible for continually improving them as you aim for technical standards
Who we are:
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,800+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general. SimCorp is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated into our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential