Who we are:
SimCorp offers an industry-leading integrated investment management platform.
Our platform and ecosystem, which comprises partners, services, and third-party connectivity, empowers us to provide 40 percent of the world’s top 100 financial companies with the efficiency and flexibility needed to succeed. SimCorp provides clients with a full front-to-back-offering, whether through a SaaS (software as a service) platform or as an on-premise solution. Globally, we serve clients, ranging from central banks and sovereign wealth funds to pension and insurance funds, asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, and wealth managers.
As a global provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) investment management solutions, SimCorp supports clients 24/7 through delivery centers around the world. Our Global Delivery Centers are located in Manilla in the Philippines, Noida in India, Kyiv in Ukraine, Warsaw in Poland, and in Mexico City, Mexico.
Since its foundation in 1971, SimCorp has worked closely with the investment industry to develop a world-class platform. Today, SimCorp is a subsidiary of the Deutsche Börse Group and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. The combined company employs over 2,800 people globally, spanning more than 30 offices worldwide.
Platform leadership, SaaS acceleration and Ecosystem scaling are the 3 growth levers of SimCorp 2025 strategy and PaaS Operations plays a crucial role in this transformation journey by delivering excellence in client services by executing a reliable, predictable, cost-effective operations service. As a platform and technology operations team, we also aspire to execute acceleration in standard processes to assist in the growth and efficiency of SimCorp’s SaaS business.
Core the execution of better client services are our people.
What you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of SRE Engineers within a specific product area.
Engage, influence, and advocate SRE approaches with development, operational, and product groups in order to align technology service/solution delivery.
Drive organizational quality accountability through well-defined processes, measurements, and process quality targets. This includes conducting effective postmortems and ensuring that actions are taken.
Manage application availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency by incorporating engineering reliability into our development life cycle, with a focus on fault tolerant techniques.
Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation, and other non-functional system requirements.
Must be able to identify and report "progress" on strategic initiatives and project level tasks to all stakeholders, including top executives and clients, as well as use effective communication methods with each audience.
Implement metrics-driven processes to ensure that service quality targets are met.
- Overseeing team development through mentorship, coaching, and goal-setting.
- Creating a healthy working environment for your teams.
- Collaborating with other engineering leaders to drive cross-area initiatives and knowledge sharing.
- Ensuring engineering excellence within your area with the support of Tech Leads.
- Developing and executing learning and education paths for our people.
- Ensuring that the people undertake the learning paths best designed for them.
- Assisting in driving the 5 C Culture of Simcorp (Caring, Curious, Collaborative, Courageous and Customer Success Driven) in and across all the teams.
- Assist the POs in encouraging and driving team positivity and a sense of collective accountability.
- Responsible for drafting and managing the duty rosters.
- Responsible for managing the People and Culture processes related to people management, such as Real Talks, Workday processes, evaluations etc.
- Actively participate in improving the teams culture driven by findings and outcomes of the various surveys (Peak-On and others) and driving through actions.
- Actively participate and lead reward and recognition behaviours.
What we value:
- Expert knowledge in all aspects of designing, developing, managing large real-time systems.
- Prior successful experience as a systems performance or site/systems reliability engineer with at least 8 years of relevant experience
- Mastery of Linux/Unix/Windows, and PowerShell/Python programming
- Mastery of fault tolerant approaches in a large-scale distributed environment and high-performance systems,
- Project and process management
- Demonstrated experience working in large, complex systems environments.
- Deep understanding of internet and networking protocols.
- A passion for performance excellence, robustness, and engineering mindset
- Extensive years of managerial experience with a demonstrated ability to inspire and lead teams.
- Strong empathy and a service-oriented mindset towards your employees.
- A commitment to fostering a collaborative and open culture.
- Effective communication and collaboration within a large, international organization.
- Previous experience working in an agile team and an understanding of agile methodologies.
- A clear understanding of what constitutes "good enough" and the ability to guide your teams accordingly.
- The ability to work in, and manage, virtual teams.
- Have extensive multi-cultural awareness and appreciation for multi-cultural teams
- Have good written and verbal reasoning skills.
- APAC shift hours
- Hybrid working arrangement (2x a week in office)
Please click the “Apply” button to learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp has to offer regarding salary, benefits, and perks. Please note only applications sent through our system will be processed. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible.
If you are interested in being part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks.
We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.
By Joining our team, you will have the chance to:
- Become part of a thriving company comprising collaborative, curious, courageous, and capable employees
- Explore a multitude of exciting learning and development opportunities, supported by our unique learning guild
- Engage with highly skilled and supportive colleagues, each bringing their diverse backgrounds and perspectives