Are you an agile minded leader with people management experience, as well as scrum master or agile coach experience? And would you like to bring your combined agile and leadership competencies into play? Then you should join SimCorp as Engineering Manager!
Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with large and global investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,800+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
Why this role is important to us
Agile ways of working are key for SimCorp’s success. In the Fund Accounting & Reporting product area (department), we have hired a scrum team of 6 experienced Senior Software Engineers in Noida. The team members are almost done with their onboarding program, so they now need an Engineering Manager who can be a servant leader for the team and support them on their journey to become a high performing team that live the agile values in the SimCorp culture. The team in Noida will work close with two sister teams in Copenhagen.
The Fund Accounting & Reporting product area is responsible for the core Portfolio Calculation Engine in SimCorp Dimension, as well as fund accounting, NAV- and regulatory reporting, making the role business critical not only for the product area, but for SimCorp as a whole, as well as for all our clients.
As Engineering Manager your responsibility will be to establish agile ways of working, ensuring that scrum ceremonies are conducted in a value adding way, and that an agile mindset is adopted among the team members. Furthermore, your job will be to continuously coach and mentor the team, and to build trustful relationships with the individual team members. A thorough understanding of, and experience with, scrum and agile is therefore required. The Engineering Manager should also focus on ensuring efficient coordination and collaboration with other teams – both inside and outside the product area – and hence, strong stakeholder management and people skills are also needed to succeed.
What you will be responsible for
• Leading 1-2 team(s) of Software Engineers with responsibility for hiring, growing, and upskilling your team through 1:1s, feedback, mentoring, coaching, and goal setting
• Leading the day-to-day work for the team(s) and ideally acting like the Scrum Master for your teams, having both the responsibility for short-term deliverables in the sprint and long-term improvements, development, and constitution of your team(s)
• Fostering a healthy working environment for your team(s)
• Collaborating closely with your peers in Product Management to understand and refine the customer outcomes that you and your team(s) are responsible for delivering
• Collaborating with other engineering leaders to deliver cross area initiatives, and to ensure knowledge sharing and consistency where needed
• Understanding and defining relevant engineering KPI’s/OKRs to gain insight into your team(s)’ performance and to help drive improvement, for example in product quality, security, delivery, system performance etc.
• Ensuring engineering excellence within your area of responsibility with support from our Tech Leads
• Facilitating planning that supports the delivery of the outcomes by your teams
• Making sure that your teams follow our security best practices, and that we continually raise the bar when it comes to security
What we value
• You are an engineer at heart, with a passion for improving teams, people, processes, and technology
• You have 4-5 years of people management experience, and you have a natural skill of creating followership, as well as experience working as scrum master, agile coach, or similar agile position
• You understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development, as well as the various agile and lean processes and methodologies, and know when to apply the various techniques
• You are passionate about creating an environment of trust and great dynamics where people perform their best and work together as a team, where people have fun while delivering, and where they are confident in raising impediments and issues
• You have a good grasp of core engineering practices like testing, continuous integration/deployment, architecture, understand what your teams are doing on a daily basis and can reason with their decisions
• You understand who your customers are and what success looks like for them
• You know what is “good enough” and can guide your teams towards this, and you are responsible for continuously improving it as you strive for technical excellence
• Goal and process orientation rather than task orientation, OKR experience is a plus
• You have excellent English skills in both writing and speaking
• Financial / Fintech background is a plus
Competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & life balance: flexible work hours, a hybrid workplace model. There is never just only one route - we practice an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Please click below to apply or get in touch with Kirti Sharma (Kirti.Sharma@simcorp.com) to learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp offers regarding salary, benefits, and perks.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks.
We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.