Are you looking for a great opportunity to transform a classic BI/DW solution to a modern Data Lake architecture based on Microsoft technologies?
Here is a great opportunity - you will play a unique key role in our transformation to a Data Lake architecture. We have just completed a future roadmap for our BI&A strategy and we are ready to start executing.
Your primary focus will be designing, building and implementing a scalable and global Data Lake platform together with other colleagues in the BI team where you will have a unique opportunity to influence the outcome.
In Group IT we are approximately 60 employees. You will be part of Business Solutions consisting of 27 colleagues. We are a diverse team with many nationalities, located in several locations, with the majority in Copenhagen.
The department is highly professional, skilled and adept at designing, implementing, configuring, developing, supporting and maintaining our internal applications, mainly cloud based. We are organized in agile teams, each with their own Kanban board used for change management activities.
We are looking for a self-starter, who thrives in a busy and exciting environment. You will be in a critical role to build, transform and automate data structures to deliver new insights.
- Take part in our BI & Analytics strategy execution including the data lake getting data from a wide number of data sources.
- Use your deep technical skills and extensive knowledge in collaboration with other Lead Engineers to build a state of the art data lake architecture based on Microsoft technologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Software engineering, Business Intelligence, Information Technology or similar is preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in Software engineering role with focus on data, including delivered production ready datawarehouse solutions at enterprise level
- Experience in building, and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and datasets
- Experience with ADF, Data Lake, Synapse, T/U-SQL, DataBricks, MDS, DAX, PowerBI and SQL Server
- Experience in working with cloud providers, preferable MS Azure
- Experience with at least one of the following languages – Java, Python, Scala, Spark or SQL
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skill, able to build relationships across levels and functions globally
- Strong communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English
- High performer, also in stressful situations, providing honest and reliable feedback and high-quality solutions on time
Furthermore, you are
- A true team player contributing to a good team spirit
- Proactive and open-minded with the courage to challenge the existing
- Humble with a good sense of humor
- Flexible, analytical and structured in your way of working and with an agile mindset
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. You get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a global company counting more than 52 nationalities and offices across 20+ offices around the world. We provide complex IT solutions to the world's leading investment management firms in a rapidly changing market. Acting in this niche brings lots of challenging and interesting opportunities. What better place to build a successful career?
More about working at SimCorp
If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Director Kim Højbjerg Jørgensen, telephone +45 28 113 115.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application (in PDF) as soon as possible. Please include CV, motivational letter, and diplomas in English when applying.