We are expanding our Project Management Service Line in SimCorp EMEA, with a focus on improving commercial and delivery management of SimCorp offers and maximizing the delivery efficiency of our increasingly complex and transformative projects. We are building a skilled and agile Project Management community to best manage client expectations and engagement.
We are looking for a Project Manager to manage the delivery of SimCorp Dimension, SimCorp Coric and SimCorp Gain and related services at asset managers, fund managers, banks, insurance companies and pension funds across the EMEA region. You will be responsible for all aspects of the implementation projects with primary focus on high complexity projects/programs and clients in terms of client engagement, resource and financial management, and greater stakeholder complexity.
- Manage multiple implementation-related workstreams in the project independently, identifying all required tasks and dependencies. Work with business consultants to time/resource estimate for inclusion in the overall program plan, as well as provide regular status updates.
- Apply industry standard project management techniques in a services organization to define and manage scope and risks/issues.
- Establish and manage transparent project governance structure and adhere to standard project management processes and procedures. Manage delivery on time, budget, and quality relative to the baseline project plan and associated financials and in accordance with the Statement of Work.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of time to value and outcomes, even when it involves difficult client conversations. Respond promptly to clients' needs and educate customers to understand insights.
- Position SimCorp’s products and services, highlighting how the customers' needs are best met by our best practice standard products. Build a strong, collaborative, and transparent relationship with SimCorp’s customers.
- Contribute to improving and documenting best practices for implementation projects in the EMEA region.
- Understand how to manage change as a process and apply all the rigor and discipline around the change management process. Manage competing and conflicting demands and change the approach to best fit the situation.
- Promote win-win solutions for both the customer and SimCorp based on a collaborative mindset.
- Exhibit confidence in self and others as well as openness to other’s views. Inspire others to perform well and balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Foster an inclusive culture internally and in meetings with the customer.
You have an excellent understanding of our clients’ business processes in the Asset Management or Asset Owning & Servicing industries. You have a proven track record in delivering multi-stream projects in complex business environments. Further, you possess the following qualifications:
- Min. 4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate and engage employees
- Ability to build and foster solid customer relationships
- Ability to make sound decisions by pursuing ways to balance quality, cost, risk and resources
- Great time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent planning, execution, and coordination skills
- Empathy and the ability to listen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Very good negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills
- Fluency in English
- PMI/Prince 2 or equivalent certification
- Reporting tools knowledge is a plus
- Readiness to travel to customer sites with flexibility to work from home or remote from our offices
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions and services to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 2,000 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 300+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities. Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work for SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Please apply online and submit your application in English language including CV and a motivational letter. Please note that we cannot accept applications received via email.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.