Do you have financial knowledge and interest in software development?
In SimCorp we are continuously looking for talents with strong financial knowledge and an interest in how software is being created. So would you like to work with a highly complex financial software solution in a strong agile culture? Then we would love to hear from you!
Our Product Development is a full-scale agile organization. The development teams consist of people with a wide variety of skills and competences from financial domain knowledge to software developing and all the skills you need in between. The position is within the Accounting and Operations area, who is responsible for the core accounting area of our software solution SimCorp Dimension®. The area consists of 16 scrum teams across 4 locations with a strong focus on being in the forefront of agile ways of working, empowering of teams and involving everybody in the development of both the solution and the area. Since our scrum teams are responsible for delivering functionalities within the accounting area of the SimCorp Dimension software, we trust you to:
- Work with product management to refine new features
- Implement business solutions for major global financial institutions
- Work as part of your scrum team to reach the definition of done within each sprint
- Constantly learn and improve yourself, the team and our product incl. experimenting with modern engineering practices such as test-driven development, SpecFlow and Mob programming
- Be part of the 3-Tier cloud lift and shift of SimCorp Dimension® over the next years
We know that the last two bullets can sound like out of your comfort zone and we don’t expect you to be a full blown software developer. But we expect you have tried some software development and have a strong interest in learning more.
You’re passionate about developing software solutions to clients – and yourself
You are curious and ready to make the most of working for a global software solutions provider where we are as serious about developing your talent as you are. Encouraged by your development manager, you are eager to constantly learn, from specific business domain expertise to new trends and technologies.
For you to thrive and succeed in this role, you preferably possess the following professional skills:
- An educational background with a master's degree/Ph.D. in finance, economics, mathematics or documented similar achievements
- Ability to work with a complex domain within the accounting of financial trades Practical experience within financial accounting and financial instruments is an advantage
- A strong sense of quality, ability to meet deadlines, attention to details, and taking ownership of delivering a sound solution
- Curiosity, ability, and willingness to apply broad knowledge in different areas and constantly learn new things, such as specific business domain knowledge or new programming languages
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)
Practical experience within programming is of course an advantage, but not a prerequisite for the job. It is more important that you take an interest in learning this field. We will bring you up to speed using technical and domain discussions, training, and a comprehensive onboarding program.
We treasure Technology
As a technology professional in SimCorp’s Product Division, you’ll be developing advanced software to solve and master the realities of the investment industry. Through our solutions, our customers manage investments equal to 20 trillion dollars - or a quarter of the world’s GDP. Founded in 1971, we’re headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is Scandinavian. Here, you’ll have 1900 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support and encouragement to become the best developer you can be.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career.
Application and next steps
To secure a fair process for all candidates we only consider applications sent via our HR system. Please send your by clicking the link below. For further information about the role or application process, please contact Sharmini Deb, Senior Global Talent Acquisition Partner