Would you like to work for a highly successful fintech business? Play a key role in developing an award winning platform that manages trillions of dollars in assets for leading investment companies? Work in the heart of Copenhagen in a hybrid role with work remote work options?
We are seeking new graduates or those with some commercial experience, be it a first job or placement while at University, to join our dedicated and highly capable team of Software Developers.
We treasure technology…
As a technology professional in SimCorp's Product Division, you'll be developing advanced software to meet the needs of our current and potential clients within the investment industry. Through our solutions, our customers manage investments equal to 20 trillion dollars - or a quarter of the world's GDP. Founded in 1971, we're headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is collaborative. Here, you'll have over 2000 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support and encouragement to become the best software engineer you can be.
Curious?..... if so, please read on.
As our new Software Engineer, you will join SimCorp’s Product Division, a full-scale agile organization. Here, you will become part of a cross functional and cross located agile team which is responsible for delivering functionality within the Alternative Investments area of our product, SimCorp Dimension. You will apply your talents to all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing automated tests, and support. You will be using multiple technologies both object oriented like C# and functional languages, and as you develop within the role your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of your agile team to reach the definition of done each sprint
- Constantly learning and developing yourself, the team and our product.
- Working with product management to refine new features
- Developing core functionality to support the business modules
- Maintaining the existing code base
- Be part of reviewing product code and formulate test scenarios
The technology we use
- .NET Framework
- In addition a wide range of internal frameworks, open source libraries and tools
Your Qualifications and values
Most importantly, you can see yourself contribute and thrive in the position described above. How you gained the skills needed for doing that is less important. You may be a recent graduate with a Masters or higher degree within Computer Sciences, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or you have another relevant background and experience.
We expect you to know some of the following and be able to - and interested in - learning the rest.
- C# - you need to have some development experience in C# as a pre-requisite for this role
- Microsoft Azure
- Architecture for enterprise systems
- Testing. E.g., TDD, agile testing, test automation, test methodologies
- System performance
- Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
As a person, you value
- Taking ownership and achieving results
- Trying new approaches to both new and old challenges
- Being an active team player who actively seeks collaboration to find optimal solutions
- Being bale to work with complex architecture, both front and back end
- Continuously looking for ways to improve what we do and how we do it.
Furthermore, we value that you :
- Have motivation to work within the financial domain
- Are willing to acquire more technical and programming skills
- Have the desire to develop and maintain automated tests, underlying frameworks, and their integration into CI/CD pipelines
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Actively learn through experimentation when tackling the latest problems, using experiences from both successes and failures
- Can introduce new ways of looking at problems and that you can take creative ideas and put them into practice
What we offer
At SimCorp you get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a global company counting more than 50 nationalities and offices in more than 25 countries.
As new employee, you will be enrolled in our comprehensive introduction program and attend the 'SimCorp Academy', an introduction to SimCorp Dimension. We wish to make you feel at your best during working hours, hence you will join your highly skilled colleagues in our exceptional canteen offers, various professional events and every now and then, we attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything fintech related. It is all about getting challenged, innovative and inspired
Last year, we celebrated the 50th birthday of SimCorp, and we are proud to be producing high quality software solutions for 50 years! Come and join us, to experience a global market leader company that values its people, and delights its customers. We celebrate multiple points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
To secure a fair process for all candidates we only consider applications sent via our HR system. Please submit your CV and motivational letter in English as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed at ongoing basis. In case you have questions please contact Director, Development Manager Lene Hays Thøgersen at+45 3544 8800.