Do you have what it takes to develop financial software using both object-oriented and functional programming languages working for a highly successful fintech business in the heart of Copenhagen? Would you like to play a key role in developing an award-winning platform that manages trillions of dollars in assets for leading investment companies?
We are seeking new graduates or those with some commercial experience, be it a first job or placement while at University, to join our dedicated and highly capable team of Software Developers. This is a hybrid role with remote work options.
We treasure technology…
As a technology professional in SimCorp's Product Division, you'll be developing advanced software to meet the needs of our current and potential clients within the investment industry. Through our solutions, our customers manage investments equal to 20 trillion dollars - or a quarter of the world's GDP. Founded in 1971, we're headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is collaborative. Here, you'll have over 2000 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support and encouragement to become the best software engineer you can be.
Curious?..... if so, please read on
As our new Software Engineer, you will join SimCorp’s Product Division, a full-scale agile organization. Here, you will become part of a cross functional and cross located agile team which is responsible for delivering functionality within a specific module of our product SimCorp Dimension. You will apply your talents to all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing automated tests, and support. You will be using multiple technologies, both object oriented like C# and functional languages, and as you develop within the role your responsibilities will include:
- Working with product management to refine new features
- Developing core functionality to support the business modules
- Maintaining the existing code base
- Be part of reviewing product code and formulate test scenarios
- Working as part of your agile team to reach the definition of done each sprint
- Constantly learning and developing yourself, the team and our product
Your Qualifications and Values
Most importantly, you can see yourself contribute and thrive in the position described above. How you gained the skills needed for doing that is less important. You may be a recent graduate with a Masters or higher degree within Computer Sciences, Engineering, Physics, Finance, Mathematics or you have another relevant background and experience.
We expect you to know some of the following and be able to - and interested in - learning the rest.
- Excellent C# skills, good insight to the .NET framework and object-oriented software design and programming
- A solid understanding of functional programming languages (OCaml, Standard ML, F#, Scala, Haskell, etc.)
- You are a team player who actively seeks collaboration to find optimal solutions
- You are interested and able to work with complex architecture, both front- and back-end
Furthermore, we value that you:
- Have motivation to work within the financial domain
- Take ownership and achieve results
- Are willing to acquire other technical and programming skills, for instance APL
- Have the desire to develop and maintain automated tests, underlying frameworks, and their integration into CI/CD pipelines
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Actively learn through experimentation when tackling the latest problems, using experiences from both successes and failures
- Can introduce new ways of looking at problems and that you can take creative ideas and put them into practice
- Think about the entire system and can identify and implement ways to continuously improve
What we offer
At SimCorp you get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a global company counting more than 50 nationalities and offices in more than 25 countries.
As new employee, you will be enrolled in our comprehensive introduction program and attend the 'SimCorp Academy', an introduction to SimCorp Dimension. We wish to make you feel at your best during working hours, hence you will join your highly skilled colleagues in various professional events and every now and then, we attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything fintech related. It is all about getting challenged, innovative and inspired
Last year, we celebrated the 50th birthday of SimCorp, and we are proud to be producing high quality software solutions for 50 years! Come and join us, to experience a global market leader company that values its people and delights its customers. We celebrate multiple points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational letter in English by applying to the link below. In case you have questions, please reach out to Keeley Sian, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com.
Please note: Only applications sent through our system will be processed. To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.