GRADUATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER - IT BACKEND DEVELOPMENT
Would you like to work for a highly successful fintech business? Play a key role in developing an award-winning platform that manages trillions of dollars in assets for leading investment companies? Work in the heart of Copenhagen in a hybrid role with remote work options?
SimCorp is the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. Our flagship product, SimCorp Dimension® gives a real-time overview of the entire business in one system, enabling the world’s largest asset managers, pension and insurance funds, banks, and sovereign wealth funds to make better investment decisions. SimCorp has two large platform areas working across our product development division making our products the best in class for our customers.
We are seeking new graduates to join our dedicated and highly capable Platform Engineering team. If you have recently finished (or will soon) your masters within IT, Engineering, Maths, Finance or Physics then we would love to hear from you. We will provide all the necessary training and you can specialize according to your interests. We work with frameworks, platforms, databases, and we are in the middle of transforming most of it into a new modern set-up.
We treasure technology…
As a technology professional in SimCorp's Product Division, you'll be developing advanced software to meet the needs of our current and potential clients within the investment industry. Through our solutions, our customers manage investments more than 30 trillion dollars. Founded in 1971, we're headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is collaborative. Here, you'll have over 2000 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support, and encouragement to become the best software engineer you can be.
Curious?..... if so, please read on.
As our new Software Engineer, you will join SimCorp’s Product Division, a full-scale agile organization. Here, you will become part of a virtual team and a scrum team. The virtual team is an 4-5-person training team of graduates where you do common training like getting to know our products, learn specific technical tools, discuss your challenges and plan alongside a scrum team that is an experienced team of platform engineers where you learn our systems, technology and how to be part of a scrum team. You will apply your talent to all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing automated tests, and support and there will be possibilities for rotation if you wish.
You will be using multiple technologies both object-oriented like C# and functional languages, and as you develop within the role your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of your agile team to reach the definition of done each sprint
- Constantly learning and developing yourself, the team, and our product.
- Working with product management to refine new features Developing core functionality to support the business modules
- Maintaining the existing code base
- Be part of reviewing product code and formulate test scenarios
Your Qualifications and values
Ideally, we are looking for graduates who have completed (or are about to complete) their master studies within IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, however we would also consider candidates who may have another relevant background or experience.
We expect you to know some of the following and be able to - and interested in - learning the rest.
- C# - you need to have some development experience in C# as a pre-requisite for this role
- Microsoft Azure
- Architecture for enterprise systems
- Testing. E.g., TDD, agile testing, test automation, test methodologies
- System performance
- Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
As a person, you value
- Taking ownership and achieving results
- Trying new approaches to both new and old challenges
- Being an active team player who actively seeks collaboration to find optimal solutions
- Being able to work with complex architecture, both front and back end
- Continuously looking for ways to improve what we do and how we do it.
Furthermore, we value that you :
- Are motivated to work within the financial domain
- Are willing to acquire more technical and programming skills
- Have the desire to develop and maintain automated tests, underlying frameworks, and their integration into CI/CD pipelines
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Actively learn through experimentation when tackling the latest problems, using experiences from both successes and failures
- Can introduce new ways of looking at problems and that you can take creative ideas and put them into practice
What we offer
At SimCorp you get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a global company counting more than 50 nationalities and offices in more than 25 countries.
As a new colleague, you will be enrolled in our comprehensive introduction program and attend the 'SimCorp Academy', an introduction to SimCorp Dimension. We wish to make you feel at your best during working hours, hence you will join your highly skilled colleagues in various professional events and every now and then, we attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything fintech related. It is all about getting challenged, innovative and inspired.
Last year, we celebrated the 50th birthday of SimCorp, and we are proud to be producing high quality software solutions for 50 years! Come and join us, to experience a global market leader company that values its people and delights its customers. We celebrate multiple points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivational letter in English by applying to the link below. In case you have questions, please reach out to Keeley Sian, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com.
Please note: Only applications sent through our system will be processed. To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.