Head of Architecture – SaaS Transformation
As a global leader in our space, we are on a mission to transform from a traditional enterprise software company into a technology-enabled services business.
To enable and drive this transformation we are seeking an experienced and ambitious leader to head our Global Architecture Function across all SimCorp products and drive innovation that delivers tangible outcomes for our customers.
You will be responsible for transforming our existing products to state-of-the-art cloud architecture and design patterns and optimized for cloud operations. The technology transformation and modernization of tooling and pipelines is a journey that requires commitment and alignment throughout the organization and towards customers.
We are therefore looking for an architecture leader with a clear and ambitious vision and execution drive, strong in stakeholder management and communication but equally a strong team player who can unite and motivate teams across the organization.
Successful execution of the transformation requires a leader with experience from and a view on the Wealth Management sector combined with how best to use technology to deliver business outcomes for customers.
You will lead a team of experienced and high performing architects where the emphasis will be on collaboration and teaming up to deliver on a compelling vision.
- Ownership the architectural vision and strategy for the SimCorp’s Platform including architecture for the entire product suite
- Ownership of existing frameworks, operational platform and CI/CD pipelines.
- Transformation of existing products and services to the target state architecture
- Successful leadership of the architectural area in terms of stakeholder management, architectural alignment, technical fitness for functional and operational requirements, balancing technical debt, and following a path to an agreed target architecture
- Delivery of platforms that delivers on customer outcomes such as scalability, responsiveness, robustness, usability, security etc and as the same time enables software engineers to deliver new solution efficiently and fast
- Communicate and create buy-in to target architecture and technical direction both internally and externally
- Ownership of Platform backlog including making investments transparent and quantifiable in terms of cost and tangible outcomes.
- Lead and mentor the architectural leadership team, ensuring transparency and aligned contributions to all goals.
- Attract, retain and develop talent reflecting our culture of growth mindset
- 15+ years of experience in a strategic role in architecture domain
- Strategic mindset with proven ability to define ambitious architecture vision and target state architecture and to deliver on this
- Preferably experience from the Wealth Management industry and a view on how architecture enable outcomes for this specific type of customers
- Commercial view and ability to prioritize and execute the roadmap with fast value delivery in mind
- Rock solid knowledge about SaaS / cloud applications and how to design for scalability, performance, multi-tenancy, cost of operations, security etc.
- Agile mindset and ability to work in fast changing environment
- Proven ability to work across functions to deliver innovative offerings to our clients
- Strong people leadership, communication, and execution skills; a strong voice to drive transformational change across organizational boundaries.
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds.
Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are almost 1900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Send your CV and motivational letter in English. Please contact RAPO@simcorp.com (Rafal Pokrzywa) for any questions.
Please note: Only applications sent through our system will be processed. To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.