Do you thrive on delivering excellent service and support to users? Do you want to work in a truly international environment?
Our IT Service Desk is part of Group IT who are responsible for delivering, installing, maintaining and supporting SimCorp’s IT infrastructure, applications and offices. As an IT Service Specialist you will be part of our IT Service Desk team with 13 colleagues in 9 SimCorp offices around the world. The team delivers high quality service in a professional and skilled environment, to all SimCorp employees and offices for all services delivered by Group IT.
The Service Desk Team is our 24/7 SPOC for all incidents and service requests, through tickets, phone or onsite support, in a follow-the-sun setup. You will participate in both user service and support as well as local project work for our infrastructure and business applications.
As an IT Service Specialist in Bad Homburg, you will be the one that SimCorp employees first get in contact with, and you therefore play a key role in delivering excellent service and support to our colleagues.
An important part of our day-to-day work is maintaining close communication, while sharing information and knowledge. This allows us to give the users optimal support for both infrastructure and business applications.
- Provide onsite IT service and support in the Bad Homburg office.
- Participate in dispatch, phone and incident support for SimCorp globally.
- Solve tickets (incidents and service requests) on a global scale.
- Keep an overview of local issues and re-occurring issues in cooperation with your Manager and Incident Manager.
- User administration and IT Hardware asset management.
- Set up and prepare workplaces and work devices.
- Maintenance of hardware such as printers and of course and video conference rooms.
- Purchase IT equipment for the local office and be the primary contact for local IT equipment suppliers in cooperation with your Manager and Group Procurement, including local vendor management.
- Function as the ‘extended hand’ in managing local office infrastructure.
- Provide IT training for new employees.
- Communicate new services and features to users locally.
- Provide input to the yearly budget.
- At least 3 years of experience from a similar position.
- Very service-minded with a positive mindset.
- Social and contributing to a good team spirit.
- A high sense of urgency and focus on prioritizing tasks.
- Excellent communication, listening and collaboration skills.
- Experience with 1st and 2nd line support on infrastructure/Cloud and business applications.
- Experience with IT support across cultures and time zones.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Platforms & Applications, Citrix, VM-ware, Azure, Salesforce etc.
- Ability to provide onsite 1st line support for internal users’ hardware.
- Fluent English (verbal and written). German skills would be an advantage, but are not a must.
Some of the benefits that we offer
- SimCorp share program
- Flexibility for home office work incl. ergonomic desk and chair
- Sabbatical program
- Company bike leasing (Dienstrad)
- Beverages/fruit for free and great, inexpensive canteen lunch
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions and services to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1.900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities. Visit our career pages to learn more about working in SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
For additional information about the position, please contact Rita Jeziorowski at email@example.com. Applications are continuously assessed, so please apply online as soon as possible.