Lead People and Culture Partner, North America
At SimCorp, we are building a world class People & Culture (P&C) team. The Lead People and Culture Partner for North America will spearhead the delivery of all people related services to internal client groups, driving outstanding performance.
We are looking for someone with broad business partner experience, preferably within the professional services and consulting industries. The ideal candidate must have a proven record of success working with senior leaders on a variety of issues from performance management, talent management, culture development, employee relations, year-end compensation and recruitment.
SimCorp US and Canada consists of 215+ employees that work across three offices in New York, Toronto and Boston. This role will be responsible for partnering closely with the Head of the NA Market Unit and working with the two People Partners in North America and the broader P&C team. This role will report directly to the P&C Director, Global Market Units, with close partnership with the NA based leadership team.
- Responsible for defining and implementing strategic P&C initiatives and projects in North America; linking to business objectives and aligned to overall SimCorp strategy. Act as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant for senior leaders and client groups to improve leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance.
- Responsible for supporting change management, organizational design and reviews, performance management and compensation and benefits in the US and Canada.
- Partner with the Centers of Excellence on talent strategies, retention initiatives and compensation.
- Act as a steward of culture, by role modelling the SimCorp values in all your interactions with the wider organization.
- Coordinate with the P&C Services team to ensure that there is consistent, coherent delivery across Business and that activities are tied to business strategy; provide direct operational support for NA senior leadership and serve as an escalation point for issues arising at other levels.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption of global processes/tools/projects in North America, including Workday, engagement surveys (Peakon) and performance tools.
- Act as a trusted partner to NA Leadership team by coaching, supporting and challenging line managers when providing advice and guidance on all types of people matters.
- Responsible for compliance on all Employee Relations: Employment contracts, compensation, benefits, law, working conditions, international assignments.
- Support managers in effectively navigating change to drive business results.
- In collaboration with Global colleagues facilitate employee and professional development processes and workshops for teams and managers.
- Lead global projects and initiatives to support SimCorp’s Global People Vision.
- Drive diversity, equity and inclusion within the organization, personally and programmatically.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions that support business objectives.
- Drive a powerful performance culture by supporting performance management processes.
- Be a key driver for onboarding new employees.
- Map training needs in close collaboration with global P&C.
You have solid experience within the core disciplines of talent acquisition, talent development, performance management and compensation & benefits. You have a track record in change management initiatives. You’ll be comfortable communicating at both the executive and senior management level, which will enable you to present complex issues in a simple and relevant manner. You are excited by building new relationships and positioning yourself as a trusted advisor to business leaders that run challenging and complex matrixed organizations.
You are a strong relationship builder at all levels and can make tough decisions when needed, and at the same time keep the respect and close working relationships intact.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 7+ years’ experience in working as People Business Partner, preferably in a Financial Services/software company.
- Comfortable working with executives at a senior management level.
- Business insight and experience, preferably from IT or Financial Software industry.
- Solid experience in US and Canadian employment law and procedures and strong experience in all employment related legal aspects in US and Canada.
- Experience in international organizations and working in a matrix organization across countries and cultures.
- A role model for values, ethics and integrity.
- Result oriented with the ability to work with and prioritize between several topics at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Analytical and logical mind-set.
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships with senior business leaders
- Strong track record of delivery of complex multi-discipline change programs, including culture change
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds.
Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: email@example.com. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.