SimCorp is a leading provider of software solutions to the investment management, asset servicing, insurance and pension fund industry globally. Our main product SimCorp Dimension is used by over 180 Tier 1 and Tier 2 client’s globally and is famed for being a fully integrated enterprise offering in the market.
SimCorp is now looking to move into additional services we can offer our clients; one being starting our new Investment Accounting as a Service where we will take responsibility for more of our client outcomes and success.
- Supervise the Investment Accounting team who perform day to day accounting processes
- Sign off validation of period end closing output
- Review and signoff Quarterly and Annual NAIC reporting including SVO processing
- Oversee the resolution of exceptions
- Provide training and mentorship to the Investment Accounting team
- Assist sales and marketing in the pursual of potential clients and responding to requests for proposals
- Defining a service framework for internal and external service level agreements and scope documentation.
- Define standard Accounting and Regulatory reporting specifications
- Provide advisory service to clients for Accounting and Regulatory changes
- Direct the definition, implementation, and documentation of standardised processes.
- Liaise and communicate between service teams and stakeholders
- Liaise with change and operational teams to ensure operational efficiency
- Direct onboarding and implementation of new clients
- Hosts and participate in periodic status meetings with clients
- Set targets and deadlines, monitor performance KPI’s for the Investment Accounting team
- Set team collaborative team goals, engage in real talks, and perform annual reviews
- Five to seven years of statutory insurance (NAIC) investment accounting experience and accounting service delivery experience, including of insurance investment accounting for a Tier 1 or 2 insurance company, or service provider covering insurance entities
- In depth knowledge of STAT, USGAAP, IFRS9, Tax and Regulatory reporting
- Knowledge of PGAAP (purchase price accounting for mergers and acquisitions)
- Familiarity of diverse security types and the investment industry
- Accounting or finance degree/qualified accountant
- Significant experience of reporting financial information, with a particular focus on investment and appraisal analysis.
- Ability to supervise and work as part of a virtual team.
- Confident in stakeholder management and working across teams to deliver objectives
- Be prepared to travel to sites on ad-hoc basis.
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1,900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
For candidates located in New York City target base salary range is: $110,000 to $160,000 USD
This position is also eligible for a yearend bonus.
Are you interested?
If you would like to know more about the job; please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.