Do you want to take the ownership of a key area in our product and make a difference for our users? Do you have a high interest in alternative investments and a proven track record of defining and aligning business requirements between developers and clients?
SimCorp provides first class IT solutions and services for the world’s leading financial institutions. More than 200 customers world-wide use our front-to-back investment management software system, SimCorp Dimension®, to manage their assets. We continuously enhance SimCorp Dimension to remain at the forefront of industry technology and trends.
SimCorp’s Product Development is home to more than 650 skilled and creative technology professionals, organized in more than 75 agile teams. You will enjoy the freedom of our full-scale agile work environment following SAFe® where teams are empowered and involved in development of both the solution and the organization – keeping us innovative and motivated.
You will become part of our Innovation Accelerator Offer Line and be responsible for delivering solutions in the Alternatives Investment area. As a Product Owner you are a Subject Matter Expert and act as such in the organization. You are responsible for roadmaps, new ideas, new market segments and new offerings and you think out of the box. You will join a fantastic working culture based on trust and where it is essential to be a team player.
- Define the Alternative Investment product strategy as part of the offer management team using your knowledge about the target market space, market trends and competitive offerings
- Have deep understanding of client needs and the full value chain through continuous interaction with client end users
- Be the primary point of contact and collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders for the solution in the area you are responsible for
- Conduct demos, round tables, user conferences etc. to present and create buy-in for the solution
- Take ownership of the product backlog (build, refine, maintain, and prioritize) in collaboration with the Offer Managers and manage client commitments
- Proactively secure alignment of functional dependencies and priorities with Product Owners inside and outside of your own product area
- Work closely with the development team to bring the client aspect into the value-creation process
- Together with the teams, define user stories, drive refinement, establish acceptance criteria and accept stories
- Apply Agile principles to your work, encourage teams to follow them and lead Agility by example
You are passionate about delivering software solutions
You are curious and ready to work for a global software solutions provider where we are as eager to develop your talent as you are. For you to thrive and succeed in this role, you preferably possess the following skills:
- 3+ years of experience with alternative investments in the investment management industry
- Experience with engaging proactively with clients and other stakeholders to solicit input for user stories
- Broad knowledge of the Alternative Investment marketplace and system vendors
- Strategic mindset and strong analytical skills with a focus on business outcome and complete offers
- Experience with SimCorp Dimension® would be an advantage
- A proven track-record as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, Project Manager or Consultant in software development
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and fluency in English (spoken and written)
- A creative and inquisitive mind, and the ability to simplify complex things
- Ability and willingness to encourage and motivate teams and peers and drive improvements across the Product Owners’ community
- Understanding of the Lean Agile practices, values and principles would be a plus
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Finance or similar
We treasure technology
As a technology professional in SimCorp's Product Division, you will be developing advanced software to solve and master the realities of the investment industry. Founded in 1971, we are headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is Scandinavian. Here, you will have more than 1.900 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support and encouragement to become the best Product Owner you can be.
You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds and where difference is valued. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career? Please visit our career site to find out more about working in SimCorp: www.simcorp.com
If you would like to know more about the job, you are welcome to contact Oleksandra Nelipa on Oleksandra.Nelipa@simcorp.com. Please submit your application in English. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. To secure a fair process for all candidates we cannot consider applications received by email.