SimCorp is a provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. As a global company with more than 200 clients worldwide, SimCorp is continuously expanding its market-leading position, with solutions that help customers perform the many tasks needed to achieve competitive advantage in today’s international financial markets. We are an equal opportunity employer with approximately 2,000 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
About the role
We are looking for experienced developers to join our Global Support Unit. Global support provides product support to all SimCorp clients which are spread out across the globe. The team provides code and business solutions to problems within our product SimCorp Dimension. As a support developer you are part of a global team comprised of +100 members. You will report to the corresponding Support Line Lead. You will be responsible to individually find, assist, work together or even lead your team members to find solid solutions for varying challenges.
- Provide high quality code solutions to fix existing functionality or enhance system with new functionality
- Work with business consultants and other developers to analyse and solve customers' issues
- Help business consultants to answer questions by understanding how the existing code works
- Develop and run data reconfiguration scripts in the client’s installations
- Be an important interface to the product department
- You will be required to work on weekends/public holidays from time to time. Working outside normal business hours might also be required on occasion. This comes with generous extra compensation
- Some travel to our clients (local and international) or other SimCorp offices may be required from time to time
- A M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or a similar field
- 3+ years of C# coding experience.
- Good understanding of a functional programming language like APL, F# or Haskell would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the .NET framework and object-oriented programming design principles
- Proven tracing and debugging skills
- Experience with common debugging tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able and willing to read, understand and analyse complex code
- Curiosity and willingness to gain and apply a broad knowledge in different areas and always learn new things
- Interested and able to work with complex architecture, both front- and back-end
- You are a team player who actively seeks collaboration to find optimal solutions, but you are also able to work independently
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple interests simultaneously
- Having good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to handle complex and cognitively demanding situations in English
- Knowledge or high interest in financial issues - theoretical as well as practical is a distinct advantage
Competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & life balance: flexible work hours, a hybrid workplace model.