Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,500+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
Why this role is important to us
SimCorp EMEA is building out our Project Management Service Line, with a focus on improving commercial and delivery management of SimCorp’s offerings. We are looking for experienced Project Managers to manage the delivery of SimCorp Dimension and related services with asset managers, fund managers, banks, insurance companies and pension funds across EMEA.
You will be responsible for all aspects of implementation projects including client engagement, resource and financial management, and stakeholder complexity. You will lead project execution with a focus on providing greater customer value and outcomes while better measuring and reducing risk for SimCorp.
What you will be responsible for
- Managing all aspects of the SimCorp implementation across products and services, including clarification and design, configuration, data conversion, integration, testing and training
- Managing multiple implementation-related workstreams - identifying all required tasks, dependencies, and time/resource estimations as well as providing regular status updates
- Managing handovers from Presales to Onboarding and from Onboarding to Run
- Facilitating business requirements gathering workshops
- Contributing to improvement and documentation of best practices for implementation projects globally in collaboration with Global PMO
- Creating and maintaining required project artefacts such as project plan, reports and RAID change requests
- Effectively monitoring customer feedback and reporting
- Actively identifying and mitigating risk
- Motivating the project team and ensuring continuous improvement within the team
What we value
Most important is that you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. We would expect you to be proficient in several of the following skills and be able to upskill to a high standard for the remainder.
- Proven track record in delivering multi-stream projects in complex business environments
- PMI/Prince 2 or equivalent certification
- Knowledge and experience of the Investment Management/Asset Management/Financial Services industries is a strong asset
- Familiarity with implementation focused projects in the Financial Technology sector is a plus
- Fluency in English and good Italian skills
- Willingness to travel to client site within EMEA, from time to time
- Availability to come into the SimCorp office 2 times a week
An attractive salary and bonus scheme are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide a good work and life balance and opportunities for professional development: there is never just only one route - we offer an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take. Visit our career pages to learn more about working at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Please click below to apply or get in touch with Rita Jeziorowski at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp offers regarding salary, benefits and perks.
Please note only applications sent through our system will be processed. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks.
We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.